sunk costs are sunk

i used to post a lot on this board under a few other names. i mostly just read now due to time, job constraints.

but i'm sick of hearing how we need to go to the playoffs- anything can happen. the only thing that will happen ti this team if they make the playoffs in the next 2 years is that they will get destoyed by a real team- see the last 'playoff' game we were in- week 17 against the steelers

sunk costs are sunk

that is what an Economics Professor told me. you should not make a decision on a stock etc. today based on what you spent on it 1, 3, 5 years ago etc.

you make your decision based on the value and potential today.

i say this because many of the people on this board are complaining we have not been to the playoffs in 5 years and we need to go now. so we must do whatever it takes to get there now.

well the 5 year plan of Whitey's is sunk. it failed and we can not get it back. tough titty- deal with it

what we do have is a team with an old defense, average o line, decent skill positions on offense for the most part and either a 1st year starter as a qb or a journeyman.

we are not a playoff team by any stretch and certainly not a super bowl contender

we are 2-4 years away today from being a superbowl contender. deal with it.

we need to get JP experience, draft o line and d line, hope willis and a few other young stars stay healthy, productive and on the team & dump any over the hill expensive lost a step guys to get the yopunger guys reps.

then maybe we can talk playoffs and super bowl in 2007 or 2008.

this is a bad team now and it will be a bad team next year. trying to be 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7 with KH just sets us back another year.

not making the playoffs and drafting in the middle leads to not making the playoffs and drafting in the middle next year.

we need to be 4-12 bad to get high draft picks

we need to get jp and the younger guys with potential on the field to see if they 'got it' - not declaring them busts after 4 games with terrible game plans, lazy players around him etc.

our goal should be to win the super bowl and that is what our plan should be for- not to get embarrassed in a wild card playoff game and suck the next year again

name one

even the rams were up and coming (they had most of the pieces in place) when they greatly improved that year and won the bowl

the Giants this year- they tore it down and rebuilt, this is year 3 with potential for playoffs, next year they may be a bowl contender

by the way - i said 2-4 years, not 5

how's free agency working for the 'skins?