looking for a good tequilla recomendation

Pete

I love Cabo Wabo blue and am familiar with Cuervo Riserva, Patron Silver, Tres Generations, Don Julio.... I am looking for something a little more exotic. Any suggestions?

I had a Cognac based Tequilla and cannot remember the name. Anyone know?

I love Cabo Wabo blue and am familiar with Cuervo Riserva, Patron Silver, Tres Generations, Don Julio.... I am looking for something a little more exotic.  Any suggestions? 

I had a Cognac based Tequilla and cannot remember the name.  Anyone know?

495100[/snapback]

Cognac based tequila? That doesn't make any sense...but stranger things, I guess...

Herradura makes terrific (but not exotic) tequilas. If you like Patron, try their Anejo.

Try bevmo.com (the website of Beverages and More...a great liquor store throughout CA..maybe elsewhere, too..dunno). type "tequila" into the search and you'll get pages of obscure premium tequilas. I bought one last week (don't remember the name) for only $19. I don't drink a lot of tequila...but it was damn fine.

Cognac based tequila?  That doesn't make any sense...but stranger things, I guess...

Herradura makes terrific (but not exotic) tequilas.  If you like Patron, try their Anejo.

Try bevmo.com (the website of Beverages and More...a great liquor store throughout CA..maybe elsewhere, too..dunno).  type "tequila" into the search and you'll get pages of obscure premium tequilas.  I bought one last week (don't remember the name) for only $19.  I don't drink a lot of tequila...but it was damn fine.

495163[/snapback]

Totally concur on the Anejo...

There is a Anejo Tequila called 1800 - if you can find a bottle I can reccommend it. (EDIT: here it is http://www.grandwinecellar.com/detail.aspx?ID=872)

also - forget lemon and salt. thats a recipe for puking as you probably know. Orange slice and cinnamon goes far better...

I just got back from the package store and picked up Patron Respasado. I have a bottle of Cabo Wabo blue in my bar already and a bottle of Cuervo gold for the margaritas. Thanks for the suggestions- I will try them out next time. I am having an afternoon party here later- lots of margaritas and tequilla shots and ice cold beers and great food. 70 degrees here in CT- lovely day for a perfect margarita- I think I am gonna make a batch right now <_<

The Cuervo Gold The fine Columbian Make tonight a wonderful thing

I just got back from the package store and picked up Patron Respasado.  I have a bottle of Cabo Wabo blue in my bar already and a bottle of Cuervo gold for the margaritas.  Thanks for the suggestions- I will try them out next time.  I am having an afternoon party here later- lots of margaritas and tequilla shots and ice cold beers and great food.  70 degrees here in CT- lovely day for a perfect margarita- I think I am gonna make a batch right now <_<

The Cuervo Gold The fine Columbian Make tonight a wonderful thing

495196[/snapback]

Love the Steely Dan reference (it's ALL about the Dan).

The tequila I bought at BevMo for cheap is Chimayo Reposado. This link may work:

http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp?sku=0...99&area=spirits

With that said, sounds like you done good! I think I may have a margarita for lunch!