Riots in Paris

BB27

YOU PEOPLE ARE STILL GOING AT IT?  IT'S OVER, OKAY.  I MEAN LIKE, IT'S SATURDAY, DON'T YOU ALL HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO? 

WOW.

I REALLY AM PROUD TO KNOW I STARTED THIS.........

Oh yeah, and france still sucks!!!!!!

496048[/snapback]

im usually on the board from work so not really

lol

great to have you back

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU PEOPLE ARE STILL GOING AT IT?  IT'S OVER, OKAY.  I MEAN LIKE, IT'S SATURDAY, DON'T YOU ALL HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO? 

WOW.

I REALLY AM PROUD TO KNOW I STARTED THIS.........

Oh yeah, and france still sucks!!!!!!

496048[/snapback]

Get your '' freedom fries'',

You know, it's a rare occurance where Netflix pisses me off.....but seems like whatever horror flick I put at the top of my queue lately ends up on a damn "short wait" and doesn't get sent out. I know it's cause it's Halloween, but this is ridiculous!  I still have the Changeling in one of the top positions, and supposedly they FINALLY sent me "saw" yesterday.....so hopefully this week I'll get to see Changeling.....I can't believe I've never heard of it, but you're right ....the ratings are very strong from people who've seen it!

495920[/snapback]

That's cause Netflix likes me better than you. :(:ph34r:

Who pissed in your cheerios?  We give our opinions on which ladys we find the hottest and you insist we think we know everything about the world?  Nice non sequitur logic there

496044[/snapback]

You're right. I shouldn't post when I'm in a bad mood. My appologies. I know some people in some pretty dire straights right now in some places, and I guess I didn't get caught up with the frivolity. You guys couldn't know.

Once again, my appologies. Be happy to delete the posts.

Maybe I got the wrong take on recent matters in France but I thought it had more to do with the frustrations of the poor boiling over? Those sort of confrontations have happened in many countries, many times in history. You guys are all over the place! It is cause for concern as there are people all over the globe who can take these riots as an invitation for their own riots. Remember the Rodney King beating aftermath? Soon after things first blew up at Florence and Normandie in L.A., similar unrest ignited in cities all across the nation. And much of the rationale for that unrest had to do with opportunists wanting an excuse to pillage in addition to those who were genuinely frustrated economically. Rodney King was one reason for the riots but for all too many they could care less about Rodney King. I bring this old story up because as some of you are suggesting, sometimes things are done for less obvious reasons.

The riots in France originated in some very poor neighborhoods. The U.S. has a large number of poor neighborhoods, ex: L.A., Philadelphia, Miami, Washington D.C., NYC, Boston, Detroit, etc. Similar riots could happen again in the U.S. and also in Canada. The violence at Montreal's Concordia University a few years ago was a hint of what exists under the surface for some sectors of that population.

All people need to revolt is a reason. Any reason. And look out if it spreads.

Maybe I got the wrong take on recent matters in France but I thought it had more to do with the frustrations of the poor boiling over?  Those sort of confrontations have happened in many countries, many times in history.  You guys are all over the place!  It is cause for concern as there are people all over the globe who can take these riots as an invitation for their own riots.  Remember the Rodney King beating aftermath?  Soon after things first blew up at Florence and Normandie in L.A., similar unrest ignited in cities all across the nation.  And much of the rationale for that unrest had to do with opportunists wanting an excuse to pillage in addition to those who were genuinely frustrated economically.  Rodney King was one reason for the riots but for all too many they could care less about Rodney King.  I bring this old story up because as some of you are suggesting, sometimes things are done for less obvious reasons. 

The riots in France originated in some very poor neighborhoods.  The U.S. has a large number of poor neighborhoods, ex: L.A., Philadelphia, Miami, Washington D.C., NYC, Boston, Detroit, etc. Similar riots could happen again in the U.S. and also in Canada.  The violence at Montreal's Concordia University a few years ago was a hint of what exists under the surface for some sectors of that population. 

All people need to revolt is a reason.  Any reason. And look out if it spreads.

496601[/snapback]

the riots at Concordia were because former israeli prime minister Netten Yahoo (dont know how to spell it lol) was doing a speech. The Arab Muslim community in Concordia and Montreal found this offensive and decided to smash up the school

the riots at Concordia were because former israeli prime minister Netten Yahoo (dont know how to spell it lol) was doing a speech.  The Arab Muslim community in Concordia and Montreal found this offensive and decided to smash up the school

496612[/snapback]

He can be a Netten Yahoo... And he can be offensive. However, there is a unique power when taking the high road. Violence is an ugly price. Free speech as on this board, can be quite offensive at times and it certainly attracts it's share of Netten Yahoos but free speech can be a beautiful thing.

Concordia is an interesting school in how it is tucked away in centre-ville. Lots of ladies... :doh:

He can be a Netten Yahoo...  And he can be offensive.  However, there is a unique power when taking the high road.  Violence is an ugly price. Free speech as on this board, can be quite offensive at times and it certainly attracts it's share of Netten Yahoos but free speech can be a beautiful thing.

Concordia is an interesting school in how it is tucked away in centre-ville.  Lots of ladies... :doh:

496614[/snapback]

Concordia is a political nightmare. I took 3 or 4 political sciences electives and all it was was debates. It was fun at first but then it used to go out of control. I prefer economics, you can't really debate supply & demand lol

:doh:

And 7.  WATCH THE NEWS!!!!  Your own police force cant stop a bunch of out of control muslim kids.  Could that happen in the USA?  Sure!  But there will be a few thousand non-supporters out with shot guns taking care of the problem!

FRENCH POLICE FORCE = RJ ;)

496010[/snapback]

I have never been to France, but I imagine that their police DO know how to stop a riot. It isn't so hard.

Back in the early nineties, it took a few days of people getting beaten, robbed, and even a murder (Yankel Rosenbaum) for the NYC Police Department to crush a riot in Crown Heights. Do you think that they were unable to?

At the time, the city had a liberal mayor who literally LIKED criminals. I have no link, but as I recall, he used to go to Rikers Island (a huge jail) and actually visit them at a time when there were 2,000 homicides per year just in NYC.

In Crown Heights, ranking officers (Captains and Inspectors) were ordering officers to "stand fast" while other police officers were struggling with criminals and police cars were set on fire.

The PBA President, a man named Phil Caruso, sent out more than 20,000 telegrams to the homes of police officers which instructed them to use NECESSARY force upon those who were attacking police officers. The rioting was stopped after 3 full days, and it wasn't such a dificult task.

To this very day, the current police commissioner, Ray Kelly (then first deputy commissioner), takes credit for stopping the riots (the commissioner, Lee Brown was out of town).

My point is that I would hesitate to think that professional police oficers in and around Paris don't know what needs to be done. My very strong guess is that the politicians won't allow it.

I found this on fark..Funny stuff :doh:

I proudly present to you France haters the following documentation of France's military success over the years:

Gallic Wars

- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

- Hundred Years War

- Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Italian Wars

- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion

- France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War

- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution

- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War

- Tied

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War

- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession

- Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution

- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution

- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars

- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War

- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I

- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

- World War II

- Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina

- Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion

- Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism

- France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

I found this on fark..Funny stuff ;)

I proudly present to you France haters the following documentation of France's military success over the years:

496693[/snapback]

Oh, that's just splendid, a France joke. Lord knows the world has been longing for one of those. You've finally hit it, my friend. Comedic gold... :doh:

At the time, the city had a liberal mayor who literally LIKED criminals. I have no link, but as I recall, he used to go to Rikers Island (a huge jail) and actually visit them at a time when there were 2,000 homicides per year just in NYC.

My point is that I would hesitate to think that professional police oficers in and around Paris don't know what needs to be done. My very strong guess is that the politicians won't allow it.

496681[/snapback]

like this?

There have been calls by opposition groups on the left, including the Green Party and the Communist Party, for Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy to resign after he called the rioters "scum" last week -- language that inflamed the vandalism.

they're not scum?

I have never been to France, but I imagine that their police DO know how to stop a riot. It isn't so hard.

Back in the early nineties, it took a few days of people getting beaten, robbed, and even a murder (Yankel Rosenbaum) for the NYC Police Department to crush a riot in Crown Heights. Do you think that they were unable to?

In Crown Heights, ranking officers (Captains and Inspectors) were ordering officers to "stand fast" while other police officers were struggling with criminals and police cars were set on fire.

The PBA President, a man named Phil Caruso, sent out more than 20,000 telegrams to the homes of police officers which instructed them to use NECESSARY force upon those who were attacking police officers. The rioting was stopped after 3 full days, and it wasn't such a dificult task.

To this very day, the current police commissioner, Ray Kelly (then first deputy commissioner), takes credit for stopping the riots (the commissioner, Lee Brown was out of town).

496681[/snapback]

Good point man, but this is DAY 10!

So when do you draw the line?

Good point man, but this is DAY 10!

So when do you draw the line?

496838[/snapback]

It is rare for police officers to disobey orders. Certainly this is something that you personally can relate to. POs have wives, kids and mortgages, and insubordination can cost one his/her job, pension, etc.

At this point, the entire thing is political. The French Government, for one reason or another, sees fit to cow-tow to these murderous, animalistic thugs. The officers themselves are at tremendous risk, and I pray for their safety.

I do hope that the police are soon unleashed, and that they wreak havoc upon these filthy, disgusting cretins.

Damnit - my dream trip is getting ruined by reading this thread.

Fly into Paris. Spend a few days exploring all those "OLD" places: Madeleine, Opéra, The Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Orsay Museum, Champs-Elysées, Arc de Triomphe, Trocadéro, Eiffel Tower, Invalides etc. Drinking real coffee and wandering around dodging the pigeon schitt.

Followed by another 4 or 5 days driving a circle to include the D-day beaches and allied cemetaries and the French wine country.

Naturally with some hot guy who enjoys mingling with the locals, loves history and enjoys wine.

Who cares about the small rooms and narrow elevators? Isn't that why we travel? To experience things that are "different"?

One day my prince will come...... :doh: