Can't Get Impact Of Patriots Game Out Of Mind

I can't help but think almost a week after the Patriots game that the Bills were THAT close to having one of those turn around games of the season. Yes - I know that there are many problems to address and that the Patriots were not the Patriots of old BUT Buffalo did do a lot of good things in that game that should have translated into first place in the AFC East.

The attitude on the team would have sky rocketed with the play of Moulds and McGahee and without the fourth quarter collapse and coaching, it looked like a team that was ready to make a statement. Unfortunatley, none of that matters now and we just have to see how this team responds to even more adversity than before. It just sucks to wait an entire year with so much expectation and have it thrown out the door before you even hit the month of November.

As far as Losman, I don't think you can put him in until after the Chiefs game. You have to let the team try and make another statement as the Pats hopefully lose to Indy. I know this will further delay the development of Losman but you know what, I don't give a crap. I am sick of losing and if there is a chance to at least make it an interesting season, so be it. Clearly Holcomb gives you the best chance right now and he deserves one more shot. Is this asking too much? To be able to enjoy the Bills on a weekly basis and play to stay competitive. I don't think so... Losman will get his chance AGAIN (most likely in a couple weeks) and we will see if he has the skills to lead this team.

Lets not forget that one of the main reasons the Bills lost that crucial game was COACHING -no ifs ands or buts. Management is dragging this team down and I guess that is one of the most upsetting things to digest. For now, I want this team to take it personally and leave it on the field against KC - Go Bills!!

"Let the team make a statement"? C'mon, they've had 4 chances to make a statement on the road and they've failed miserably each & every time. What kind of a statement does a home win over a mediocre Chiefs team make? We're just going to lose in SD the following week anywyay. I am sick of losing too, but we're going to lose no matter who is behind center. Play JP. Also, look out our schedule and NE's schedule, I'm interested in hearing where we're going to make up this game (or 2 if NE beats Indy).

Nov 13 @Miami 1:00pm

Nov 20 New Orleans 1:00pm

Nov 27 @Kansas City 1:00pm

Dec 4 N.Y. Jets 4:15pm

Dec 11 @Buffalo 1:00pm

Dec 17 Tampa Bay 1:30pm

Dec 26 @N.Y. Jets 9:00pm

Jan 1 Miami

time to play for 2006.

If New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) beats Indy, then I think that the whole post goes down the drain. If New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) beats Indy, they DESERVE the AFC East title right there on the spot. It also goes to show that Buffalo didn't play such a crappy NE team afterall. You have to give the ball to Kelly one last game especially if NE loses. Anything thing other than a Pats loss and a Bills win against KC spells JP time. That gives him 11 games on the season which should be more than enough to show SOME signs of life. If he does not show improvement after that, then we have a hell of a bigger problem at QB than anticipated.

I agree with the sentiment that the Pats game was the big fish that got away. I also think it could have been a real turning point for the team, and now it's just another road loss sinking the ship further.

I think, at the end of this season, we'll look back on the Pats game and realize that's when our season truly "jumped the shark".

Not as bad a lose as you might think. If we win the game the talk would be that the Bills have a chance at the playoffs vs shoring up the obvious weaknesses. Also we would have to spend one more week watching Holcomb put up "great" stats with dump of passes but no points on the board while we wait until next season and the team tries to resell JP to us all over again; as a matter of fact it has already started as TD said how much better he has looked in practice. I want to see how he looks the rest of the season in live action against the tougher teams. I don't want this team to finish strong under Holcomb and then next year they force JP on us. While I'll admit I have a desire for JP to do good, if they stick with KH for too many more games I wish they come into next year with him as the starter or at least have an open competition. If JP is going to be the man next year and beyond, the time for his era to begin is next week after the bye.