Eric Moulds

Cobra

earlier on in the post he did say that. in fact he pointed out what what was said in the quote. maybe you should read the whole thread before jumping on what people say. in fact here is the actual quote of what EM said word for word. Im taking it from the paper right now.

"He called offensive pass interference, so I guess he saw something that I didn't see," Moulds said. "But the officials made the call, and we've got to live with it. I don't think I (pushed off). Even the New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) guys were saying, "We got away with one that time.' It was a crucial point in the game, and at that point I feel like we should be able to play."

where in that quote does he blame the officials?? I see him disappointed in the call because he feels it wasnt right. I would be too cause that kind of contact as dawgg says happens very often. he simply stated hes disappointed in the call, the officials called it and we gotta basically move on. he disagrees with the call but he holds no grudges. this guy wants to win games. if you cant see that i say your not a bills fan. GO BILLS

495762[/snapback]

You're right, he was just SAYING that he didn't push off and that the officials shouldn't have called it. What was I thinking? Can I be a Bills fan again now? :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be sour grapes if he was not willing to move on from that call. But he simply said he didn't agree, but the he (and the team) had to live with it. Nothing wrong with mentioning what the Pats players said, it simply was to bolster his point.

As for your expectation that players to stand up and be men in defeat, it's a wonderful, idealistic notion -- but far far removed from reality. How many times did "winners" like Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly say things like "we lost but we're the better team." Certainly that's not taking defeat gracefully, but it's the competitive spirit that brings comments like that out.

Moreover, I don't think Moulds' comments were uncolicited. He was probably asked what he felt and he simply answered the questions accordingly.

Anyuway , if you think Moulds is a punk, especially in light of the TO situation, I guess we'll just respectfully disagree on this one because I do agree with everything else you have to say with regards to this team...

I guess you missed the actual quote, because Moulds couldn't leave it where you seem to think he did.  Should have, but he just couldn't, because he's a punk.  He went on to say that he didn't think he pushed off, when he clearly did.  He would go on to try to justify his position by saying the Pats were saying they got away with one.  No sour grapes?  More like a perfect example of sour grapes. 

I know blaming the officials is very popular among avid posters here, but for one I expect the leaders on our football team to be men in defeat.  It's called character, something nobody on the Bills or otherwise has accused Eric Moulds of having....

495685[/snapback]

As for your expectation that players to stand up and be men in defeat, it's a wonderful, idealistic notion -- but far far removed from reality.  How many times did "winners" like Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly say things like "we lost but we're the better team."  Certainly that's not taking defeat gracefully, but it's the competitive spirit that brings comments like that out.

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

It would be sour grapes if he was not willing to move on from that call. But he simply said he didn't agree, but the he (and the team) had to live with it.  Nothing wrong with mentioning what the Pats players said, it simply was to bolster his point. 

As for your expectation that players to stand up and be men in defeat, it's a wonderful, idealistic notion -- but far far removed from reality.  How many times did "winners" like Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly say things like "we lost but we're the better team."  Certainly that's not taking defeat gracefully, but it's the competitive spirit that brings comments like that out.

496077[/snapback]

Moulds "point" was to distribute blame for his mistake onto the officials. But I am so glad he moved on before he called them out though. I mean, if you gotta' live with it, you might as well complain about it.

My idealistic notion about being a man in defeat is not about giving concilliatory speaches or praising your opponent. It's about acknowledging your part in defeat and then using that disappointment as motivation to get better. You're right, the Bills of the early 1990's didn't do that. They just came back the same, and the result was the same, until which point where they couldn't bully the AFC around anymore.