Worst Case Scenario

plenzmd1

I might agree w/ that too, depending on where our draft position is.  If we end up w/ a high draft pick though, we'd better use it on one of the top OT prospects available, either McNeil or Ferguson (I'd rather see us get him).  Now, if they're long gone, and one of the top DTs is still on the board,  then maybe, but I'd see about trading down first (if we do have a high pick), because there isn't a Top 10 talent @ DT that I've seen yet.  Rodrique Wright of Texas is close, but he'll be around after the Top 10, more than likely.

493702[/snapback]

I'd much rather have Ferguson too, as McNeill to me is to much of a question mark. In terms of DTs, we might be able to land someone like Claude Wroten in the 2nd.

I'd much rather have Ferguson too, as McNeill to me is to much of a question mark. In terms of DTs, we might be able to land someone like Claude Wroten in the 2nd.

494408[/snapback]

If we're going to go after a DT later on, I think Watson will be around, and he's better suited for what our needs are (big run stuffer to clog the lanes) than Wroten is.

If we're going to go after a DT later on, I think Watson will be around, and he's better suited for what our needs are (big run stuffer to clog the lanes) than Wroten is.

495052[/snapback]

I brought up Wroten as I favor 1 gap DTs. Yet if we're looking for a 2 gap guy then Gabe Watson is definately the guy to go with but don't see him falling to Round 2. Though he could be there with our top pick. If looking at guys with size for Round 2, Babatunde Oshinowo ranks high on my list because he can get to the QB too.