Last night- Tasker, Kelso,Sappe

It was lots of fun and Tasker said that since Sunday all he has heard about was the Tedy love fest on ESPN. Hardy anyone was talking abou the game but how ESPN was snakebit twice by having reports going on while the game had important plays happening. He answered question from the audience about the transition from player to retired and back in the work force for NFL players. His was quite easy because he is still involved with the game that he loves. That he plans on living in East Aurora for the rest of his life and becoming a grandfather here.(in 10 years his oldest kids are in High school

Kelso also took questions and mostly talked about success and being a TEAM. He is in the educational field. The taught for 7 yrs and now is in admin.

Sappe told of of his life -traditions and love of the Buffalo area. His wife was there and spoke of the fundraising events that the wives of the Bills are having. There is an up coming fashion show where the models are the Bills Players and wives. That should be fun. I hope it is something that I might be able to go to but it is on a Monday night in November. TKO's charity is sponsering the event for his chairty and Children's hospital.

The display of Bills stuff and the rocketship 7 items was a great reminder of the best place to live. Western NY. I never want to move away from here.

Thanks for the report, #89.

It would be really nice if Tasker got inducted into the HOF.

I also think he does a good job as a commentator. I know some don't think so...finding fault here and there.

Commentators always make mistakes - they aren't sitting on a couch - they watch live action and then tv feed, and have a half a minute or so to say something.

Myself, I like Tasker's insights.

Thanks for the report, #89.

It would be really nice if Tasker got inducted into the HOF.

I also think he does a good job as a commentator. I know some don't think so...finding fault here and there.

Commentators always make mistakes - they aren't sitting on a couch - they watch live action and then tv feed, and have a half a minute or so to say something.

Myself, I like Tasker's insights.

493771[/snapback]

I agree re:Tasker and the HOF.

But seriously, Tasker and insights should NEVER be used in the same sentence if we're talking about him as a commentator. I don't think there is anyone worse (or even close) and that pains me to say as I really liked Steve as a player. It's painful for me to watch when he's on. The show he does (or did) for WKBW was just HORRID (I used to work there and sell that piece of dreck).

My problem with ST as a commentator isn't with mistakes (you are correct, it's a tough gig). It's that he has NOTHING interesting to say. OK...I'm wrong about one thing...it is to some extent about mistakes. When he decides to make a point...he's almost always wrong! Wrong player, wrong set....Arrrghhhhaahhhtthhhhahrhh Must watch blood pressure...

I agree re:Tasker and the HOF. 

But seriously, Tasker and insights should NEVER be used in the same sentence if we're talking about him as a commentator.  I don't think there is anyone worse (or even close) and that pains me to say as I really liked Steve as a player.  It's painful for me to watch when he's on.  The show he does (or did) for WKBW was just HORRID (I used to work there and sell that piece of dreck).

My problem with ST as a commentator isn't with mistakes (you are correct, it's a tough gig).  It's that he has NOTHING interesting to say.  OK...I'm wrong about one thing...it is to some extent about mistakes.  When he decides to make a point...he's almost always wrong!  Wrong player, wrong set....Arrrghhhhaahhhtthhhhahrhh  Must watch blood pressure...

494613[/snapback]

Well, so what? :blink:

This is from his website

Takeo Hosts "First & Ten, A Fashion Extravaganza" Nov. 14th at the Adams Mark Hotel!

By Shin Son

October 31, 2005

Takeo Spikes and the Buffalo Bills Women’s Association (BBWA) to Host First & Ten: A Fashion Extravaganza – A Fashionable Fundraiser Benefiting 51 Ways for Charity, Inc. and Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo

Orchard Park, NY (October 20, 2005) --- Takeo Spikes, through his foundation – 51 Ways for Charity, and the Buffalo Bills Women’s Association will host the first annual First & Ten: A Fashion Extravaganza on November 14, 2005 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Adams Mark Hotel in Buffalo, New York. Guests will enjoy a cocktail reception, silent and live auctions, dinner and a fashion show. This unique event will feature many of your favorite Buffalo Bills players and their spouses showcasing the latest fashions, furs and jewelry provided by L’Avant Garbe and Mentality of Rochester, Furs by Russell, Elevee Fine Clothing of Los Angeles and Diamond Cutters of Western NY.

Proceeds from the event will go to 51 Ways for Charity, Inc. and Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo. The donation made to Women & Children’s Hospital will be given to the Pediatric Oncology Department in loving memory of Ana Warthling, a vivacious seven-year-old girl who recently lost her battle with an inoperable form of brain cancer. Ana was the daughter of Bill and Gina Warthling, owners of Diamond Cutters, one of our event sponsors. The hospital will use the donation to help recruit and retain a dedicated pediatric oncologist.

51 Ways for Charity, Inc. was founded by Pro-Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes and linebacker Carlos Emmons of the New York Giants. The foundation is dedicated to supporting families of children diagnosed with cancer and/or blood disorders by providing financial, spiritual and physical resources. The Buffalo Bills Women’s Association is an organization comprised of the wives, fiancées and significant others of Buffalo Bills players, coaches and select football support staff members. Their mission is to make a positive and lasting contribution to the Buffalo community through volunteer participation. The women are excited about partnering up with 51 Ways for Charity to make this event a success.

The following businesses have also partnered with 51 Ways for Charity and the BBWA: L’Avant Garbe and Mentality of Rochester, Furs by Russell, Diamond Cutters of Western NY, M&T Bank, 104.1 FM, the Adams Mark Hotel, Bully Hill Wines, Erin Harris Designs, Digicon, and Elevee Fine Clothing of Los Angeles, CA.

For tickets and/or sponsorship information, please contact Dawn Ridz, Event Director, at (678) 371-1651 or by e-mail at THE51WAYS@YAHOO.COM. Tables are being sold on a first come, first serve basis, so don’t miss out on your chance to get the best seats in the house!