What do you think the Bills record

Like A Mofo

What do you think the Bills record would be if KH was starting from Week 1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Bills record would be if KH was starting from Week 1?

• 2-6
    • 3-5
    • 4-4
    • 5-3
    • 6-2

Im not putting up 0-8, 1-7, 7-1 and 8-0 for realistic purposes....

I voted for 4-4.....I bet the Bills win that Atlanta game with Kelly in the lineup.....and wouldnt this board be whistling a different tune about this team if they were 4-4?

493576[/snapback]

Don't kid yourself. As bad as the defense played we would be no better.

Don't kid yourself. As bad as the defense played we would be no better.

493579[/snapback]

I agree the defense has been bad, especially against the run...but do you think the offense would have been as anemic in the NO game or the Falcons game, I think not, and that would have given the defense more time off the field to help the Bills chances.

Actually the more I think about it, why couldnt the Bills have won both against Atlanta and at New Orleans with at least decent QB play????

I agree the defense has been bad, especially against the run...but do you think the offense would have been as anemic in the NO game or the Falcons game, I think not, and that would have given the defense more time off the field to help the Bills chances.

Actually the more I think about it, why couldnt the Bills have won both against Atlanta and at New Orleans with at least decent QB play????

493580[/snapback]

I think the record would be the same. Remember, with Sparky Holcomb at QB, they scored a grand total of 3 points in 38 minutes against Miami (they were up by 17 early, but that game had no business ending 20-14) and scored 3 points in 35 minutes against a crappy, on-the-ropes NE defense. Sparky came into that NO game for the whole fourth quarter and did less-than-nothing in that game as well. IMO, the record would be the same.

I voted for 4-4.....I bet the Bills win that Atlanta game with Kelly in the lineup.....and wouldnt this board be whistling a different tune about this team if they were 4-4?

493576[/snapback]

Atlanta is a better team, I don't know why people on this board always dis them. Even if the Bills were 4-4 with the stretch run coming up, your still looking at a 500 finish imo. For me, average is not acceptable for this team anymore.

For your question, I think the bills at best would br 4-4. Atlanta outplayed them at home and NO had that huge lift from playing a "home" game.

493576[/snapback]

I would agree. The Bills had there chances to win that game. JP was inaffective moving the ball. I also think they would have beat the saints.

5-3

I think the record would be the same.  Remember, with Sparky Holcomb at QB, they scored a grand total of 3 points in 38 minutes against Miami (they were up by 17 early, but that game had no business ending 20-14) and scored 3 points in 35 minutes against a crappy, on-the-ropes NE defense. Sparky came into that NO game for the whole fourth quarter and did less-than-nothing in that game as well.  IMO, the record would be the same.

493587[/snapback]

Spot on, same record. Need to look no further than the last two road games!

Oakland and N.E. performance are all we need to know, time to move forward!

By the way, if you coined the nickname Sparky, I love it!!

I say 4-4, KH may have won the Saints game. To be honest, if JP was in there for all 8 I also believe we'd be 4-4. The coaching staff had a much better game plan against the Jets and phins. I also think if the coaches left JP in the game against the Saints he may have done something to pull it out. In my opinion, I don't think it matters who is behind center, the TEAM is not good, not just the QB.

The same. As in the same record as if Drew Bledsoe was in there. The point of the season was to get JP ready. Now we're starting Bledsoe lite and we can mask some of the deficiencies with some certain things that the quarterback does well (throw long and downfield in DB's case and throw quick and short and efficient in KH's place) but still stuck with the mistakes those two guys make as well as not going anywhere in the long run with them, nor getting JP the experience.

The same. As in the same record as if Drew Bledsoe was in there. The point of the season was to get JP ready. Now we're starting Bledsoe lite and we can mask some of the deficiencies with some certain things that the quarterback does well (throw long and downfield in DB's case and throw quick and short and efficient in KH's place) but still stuck with the mistakes those two guys make as well as not going anywhere in the long run with them, nor getting JP the experience.

493654[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. We'd still be 3-5 if holcomb had started all year. If starting holcomb long term was the plan, we shoulda kept drew. at least he had an arm. This season was about JP, and we are just stunting his growth because of a few whiny veterans.

(I see the "arm" hasnt seen this poll yet, due to the lack of a 6-2 vote.)

My thoughts exactly. We'd still be 3-5 if holcomb had started all year. If starting holcomb long term was the plan, we shoulda kept drew. at least he had an arm. This season was about JP, and we are just stunting his growth because of a few whiny veterans.

493816[/snapback]

I think we'd only have 2 wins with Drew. And, if he were mortal, I would say Drew would be out for the year if he started for us this year...but he almost never gets hurt. He'd almost certainly be sacked about three times more than JP or KH.

just my opinion.

Guest BackInDaDay
I say 4-4, KH may have won the Saints game.  To be honest, if JP was in there for all 8 I also believe we'd be 4-4.  The coaching staff had a much better game plan against the Jets and phins.  I also think if the coaches left JP in the game against the Saints he may have done something to pull it out.  In my opinion, I don't think it matters who is behind center, the TEAM is not good, not just the QB.

493630[/snapback]

Bingo. :)

I think we'd only have 2 wins with Drew.  And, if he were mortal, I would say Drew would be out for the year if he started for us this year...but he almost never gets hurt.  He'd almost certainly be sacked about three times more than JP or KH.

just my opinion.

493823[/snapback]

Agreed.

2-6 with JP or DB,

4-4 with KH

OTOH, if JP had gotten the 1st 8 games under his belt,

I feel that we would be able to win more games with him in the 2nd half than either KH or DB.

493576[/snapback]

We win the Atlanta game, if the defense stops those 3 guys from running

for 230+ yards....Remember the score was pretty close until the 4th

qtr, when we gave up those big plays to Dunn and allowed Vick to convert

many 3rd and longs .....

JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP JP would have the same number of wins or one more than KH :lol:

Agreed.

2-6 with JP or DB,

4-4 with KH

OTOH, if JP had gotten the 1st 8 games under his belt,

I feel that we would be able to win more games with him in the 2nd half than either KH or DB.

493948[/snapback]

Normally agree with ya, but come on dude.

How in the hell does JP lose either the Miami or Jet game? KH had nothing to do with them wins, Miami had 5 turnovers and almost 20 penalties. The Jets were only in the game, because of rag arm tosses by are stud BACKUP QB.

Even if the Bills were 4-4 with the stretch run coming up, your still looking at a 500 finish imo.  For me, average is not acceptable for this team anymore.

493596[/snapback]

Exactly. I think we pretty much knew this team could be .500 or betterwith Holcomb. He's a decent caretake QB. Of course, the same would have been expected of Bledsoe, if not more. Point of not having either of those two as the starter was to develop a franchise QB and stabilize the organization and put it in position to win a Super Bowl in the near future and consistently compete for one over a long period of time.

Normally agree with ya,  but come on dude.

How in the hell does JP lose either the Miami or Jet game?  KH had nothing to do with them wins,  Miami had 5 turnovers and almost 20 penalties.  The Jets were only in the game,  because of rag arm tosses by are stud BACKUP QB.

494130[/snapback]

Total speculation on my part based on JP's play in weeks 3+4. His inaccurracy in particular was appalling, & I figure him working through that problem might've cost us at least 1 of those 2 wins. I do expect & hope that he's starting the KC game.

493816[/snapback]

I voted for the 5-3 record. The Falcons and Saints games were close enough that a good QB could have made the difference between winning and losing. The Tampa game was more one-sided.

On the other hand, the Bills offensive line and running game were no more dominated in Tampa than in Oakland. Yet in Oakland the Bills' offense, with Holcomb at QB, was able to put up 17 points. It makes you wonder, but I still think the Bills would have lost in Tampa even with Holcomb.