Sirius vs XM? Leaning Sirius

envirojeff

I went Sirius because of football and hockey, however in 2 years, hockey will be exclusively on XM :-( But, I'm okay with missing a few hockey games, but I want to at least listen to every football game.

Breuer Unleashed is also a great show, and the Radio Chick has a show at 10am on Sirius too...i don't think XM has as good of radio personalities.

I think the music and talk radio stations are about equal between the two systems.

XM has NHL. MLB, and College Football. Sirius has NFL and soon to be NASCAR. Personally, I TIVO Sunday Ticket and the races and watch them while MLB and hockey are radio friendly sports that I listen to on the road. XM has Bob Edwards and Sirius will have Stern.

The sports contracts are likely to change hands back and forth and will go from exclusive to non-exclusive. So if you take Sirius for the NFL, don't be surprised if XM gets it when the contract ends.

XM and Sirius are equal in terms of hardware and technology.

If you like Stern, take Sirius. If you are an NPR fan, take XM. Otherwise flip a coin.

Don't be surprised if the two systems merge in the next two years.

I'm an XM guy too, having every baseball game on the system was a big sell. I could care less about Howard Stern, so that wasn't even a concern. XM also has comedy stations, and the music between the two are competitive and comparable. Stern is going to be the big sell for Sirius, though XM has Opie and Anthony.

Im not sure about Sirius, but XM also has an online feature where you can listen online, included in service.

I have the sportster you can pause and rewind , like a dvr, comes in handy when taking cell calls or pit stops. The nfl station is great and live games give both home and away choice of broacasters, with the current score displayed. If your interested in switching between cars just unclamp and remove from car. I didn't mount antenna permanently, a small piece of tape on dash keeps it from sliding around and it gets power from lighter socket. I have also used it to listen on stereo in my house by tuning in 88.1 and turning on unit in car, pain in the ass when its cold out.Sirius is coming out with a handheld unit this month 300 bucks wish it was available, I would have bought it but couldn't wait. If your sirius about sirius you can purchase unlimited access for 500 bucksI payed for 1 year and will probably buy the unlimited when I reup next year. they pro rate.....For me howard is a bore but I will check him out on sat. next month should be interesting with no fcc rules....

If you go the boombox route you will have to buy another mounting kit and antenna they will nickel and dime the hell out of you...

I'm an XM guy too, having every baseball game on the system was a big sell. I could care less about Howard Stern, so that wasn't even a concern. XM also has comedy stations, and the music between the two are competitive and comparable. Stern is going to be the big sell for Sirius, though XM has Opie and Anthony.

Im not sure about Sirius, but XM also has an online feature where you can listen online, included in service.

493589[/snapback]

You can listen to Sirius online as well....