Nascar news

Thailog80

Kurt Busch and Jamie McMurray have both been released from their 06 contracts and will be in different cars next season. KB will take over the number 2 car and Jamie will take over KB's 97 next year. Now watch the silly season really unfold. Rumor has it that Bobby LaBonte will take over the 42 vacated by JM leaving.

Kurt Busch and Jamie McMurray have both been released from their 06 contracts and will be in different cars next season. KB will take over the number 2 car and Jamie will take over KB's 97 next year. Now watch the silly season really unfold. Rumor has it that Bobby LaBonte will take over the 42 vacated by JM leaving.

492869[/snapback]

I don't know who any of those guys are. Any O-linemen in that bunch?

I don't know who any of those guys are.  Any O-linemen in that bunch?

492885[/snapback]

:doh:

Could be...

I enjoyed NASCAR a number of years ago (back when it was legitimately called stock car racing), but since it's rise in popularity, it kinda reminds me of a high-speed traffice jam, with blocking and elbowing like a motorized Roller Derby contest.

Lots of folks do like it, though. A NASCAR speedway opened up in KY about 60 miles from Cincinnati, and the people who go have a good time.

Truth be told, this is the smartest thing these owners could have done. I really don't understand all the manlove for Jaimie McMurray as the kid has won ONE friggin race in his career. The 42 isn't a bad ride by any means, especially with the 40 as a teammate, but whatever.

I don't know what the !@#$ is going on at Joe Gibbs Racing, but it's evident that Labonte needs to jam. The 20 seems unstopable and the 11 has been on a tear with Hamlin in the cockpit. The 11 should really make some noise next year with Hamlin full time. Where does that leave the 18? Probably with J.J. Yeley as the driver next year. I hate to see it because Labonte and Gibbs have been together so long, but damn, there's no way that they should be winless in back to back seasons. That is just !@#$ing crazy considering their history.

KB is going to find out how good he had it with Rousch cars.  I like Martin, not a huge Busch fan.  Alot of these guys who leave big name car ownners have a hard time capturing their all star status once they leave.

493029[/snapback]

The funny thing about this soap opera is that McMurray and Kenseth don't like eachother, and I highly doubt Busch is going to peacefully coexist with Newman.

Follow up to that story: More right turns. Car bumps another car. Driver throws helmet. Winner sprays Pepsi. Rednecks go home.

493088[/snapback]

Follow up to that story: The Dean invites billsfanmiami(oh) to San Francisco for the weekend. They hang out in the Castro and have a gay old time.

Follow up to that story: The Dean invites billsfanmiami(oh) to San Francisco for the weekend.  They hang out in the Castro and have a gay old time.

493158[/snapback]

You STOP that, ya big silly. I'll give you such a slap with my bag. (Not THAT bag, ya weirdo!)

<_<