What about Evans?

BuckeyeBill

It has been nice seeing our franchise wide receiver stepping out of the shadows into the spotlight. Had the Bills won last night, no doubt that Eric Moulds deserved MVP honors. Good for him...

But what about Lee Evans? Is he suffering a MAJOR sophomore slump? Sure looks like it to me!

At the half way point of the season, Evans has only caught 18 passes for 234 yards and a touchdown. What the HECK!!! Those numbers suck!

With the elite receivers nearing reaching the 800 yard mark, Evans is far from 300. Even no name receivers like Donte' Stallworth and Kevin Curtis have more than twice the catches and more than twice the yards.

Is anybody else noticing this? What is the problem?

I was thinking 70 catches for 1000 yards and 12 touchdowns for Evans at the beginning of the year. Now I will be shocked if he catches 50 passes for 700 yards.

Also, last night I heard that the Patriots were triple teaming Moulds, why wasn't Evans lighting up the weak secondary of the Patriots (if that was the case)?

Any thoughts? Is Evans not as good as he promised last year? Is he the second coming of Josh Reed?

Help us, Moulds isn't getting any younger.

I wouldn't get too worried about Evans just yet. He tends to run the deeper routes (you know, the ones beyond 10 yds) which Kelly's noodle arm can't reach. And during the first 4 games of the season, JP's crappiness gets the bulk of the blame for Lee's quietness.

If/when JP gets better in the future, look for Lee's stats to improve.

His run blocking, on the other hand, is legit cause for concern.