Published!!

Puhonix

Thank you all, I'm going to get the pieces framed today and then I'll let you know what prices I decide upon. Thanks for all your comments. Maybe I'll share some more stuff as I take more pictures. I know I took some great pics of Ramius and his girl, but havent gotten those scanned. Ramius, can you share those?

Thank you all, I'm going to get the pieces framed today and then I'll let you know what prices I decide upon. Thanks for all your comments. Maybe I'll share some more stuff as I take more pictures. I know I took some great pics of Ramius and his girl, but havent gotten those scanned. Ramius, can you share those?

493591[/snapback]

I got some of them on my computer back home, but you didnt scan some of the great ones.

So here's how they came out when I finally framed them:

"Claw" in brown frame

"Grove Interrupted" in black frame

"Tesla Light" in a floating frame

496756[/snapback]

Nice job with the photos.

People keep saying that I should send my photos out to see if I could get them published. It has been a while since I did much with that hobby. I will have to get back into it.

Like how you used the floating frame and left some clear space. I've seen some where the picture is extended right to the edge and it looks bad. There, the see-through complements the picture of the Tesla thingy.

Claw's frame is a wavy alternative to the straight-ness of the machinery parts. I know people who would argue for going with a straight frame, but it came out all right. Is the matte board showing up redder and darker than it is?

The frame and matte for Grove.... To me, the large blob of black contrasts too much with the lightness of the photo. Are they all going to be shown next to each other? In that case, I would have gone with a gold or silver frame to shake things up, but black is all right (but it would benefit from a lighter matte).

After graduation, I had to make my own frame b/c I had two diplomas (one from PBK) I needed/wanted to put into one frame. Took a nice 16x20 polished silver frame (20" being the vertical) and used the guillatine to cut out two diploma slots and a pinstripe that ran down either side to make the matte areas even at ~1 inch, rather than have a 2 1/2" section on the sides, 1" at the top and 1" b/w diplomas. Filled the pinstripe with the back of.... get this from the poor college student.... the dull side of some aluminum foil (it exactly matched the silver frame tho). A $2.50 matte and a $20 frame sure beat paying $125 for the U's 'official' crapola.