QB that was missed last night

SouthernMan

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Bledsoe could've made a difference.

He has the arm to throw long and the experience to manage the offense. It wouldn't have taken that much to win last night with any semblance of an NFL QB behind center.

Holcomb can't throw a long pass, and can barely throw one on a short out pattern.

Losman has the arm, but is too hyper behind the porous o-line and needs to settle down so he can his his target.

I believe Bledsoe could have gotten it done last night.

At 3-5, maybe it's about time to give Losman the reps he needs. The schedule isn't getting easier. Even if the Bills were to make the playoffs in this mediocre division, they're not going to be kissing the Lombardi trophy in 2006. It's not as if Kelly Holcomb has any chance of being the superbowl MVP.

May as well get a jump start on next season. Time to see if JP can make some progress.

If it doesn't work out, maybe Parcells would be willing to trade Bledsoe to the Bills for a 1st round draft choice.

491866[/snapback]

The only place Bledsoe would've made a difference is in Vegas. I think the bookies are happy because there was a lot of money on New England last night. Bledsoe would've ensured that the Pats covered the 9.5 point spread.

Bledsoe consistently showed in inability to complete the screen and outlet passes that we were working last night. I'm not so sure it would have translated.

491947[/snapback]

Have you watched any Dallas games this year? Bledsoe is hitting screen passes like they're going out of style.

I think there was a different problem in the past few years regarding screen passes here. Not sure what it was, since we're hitting them this year, but it doesn't look like it was the QB.

CW

He has the arm to throw long and the experience to manage the offense. It wouldn't have taken that much to win last night with any semblance of an NFL QB behind center.

Holcomb can't throw a long pass, and can barely throw one on a short out pattern.

Losman has the arm, but is too hyper behind the porous o-line and needs to settle down so he can his his target.

I believe Bledsoe could have gotten it done last night.

At 3-5, maybe it's about time to give Losman the reps he needs. The schedule isn't getting easier. Even if the Bills were to make the playoffs in this mediocre division, they're not going to be kissing the Lombardi trophy in 2006. It's not as if Kelly Holcomb has any chance of being the superbowl MVP.

May as well get a jump start on next season. Time to see if JP can make some progress.

If it doesn't work out, maybe Parcells would be willing to trade Bledsoe to the Bills for a 1st round draft choice.

491866[/snapback]

Oh wow! How soon we forget that Belichick owned Bledsoe...plain and simple...Outside of the 31-0 Home Opener, I think last night was the best I've seen this Offense look vs. the Patsies in some time...I really doubt DB would have made a big difference...But who the heck knows at this point...I probably would take DB/Parcells over Holcomb/Mularkey any day...Well at least that's the way it looks in the 1st Half of this Season... :(

Have you watched any Dallas games this year?  Bledsoe is hitting screen passes like they're going out of style.

I think there was a different problem in the past few years regarding screen passes here.  Not sure what it was, since we're hitting them this year, but it doesn't look like it was the QB.

CW

491961[/snapback]

Most of them are to the tight end, no?

The score wouldn't have been as close if DB was the QB...

Pats would've had at least 1 return for a TD off him.

Don't forget, it was a nationally televised prime time game. :(

491959[/snapback]

Buffalo always gets massacred on nationally televised games, all the way back to the Kelly days. I still don't understand how we held the Pats in check most of the game, and that's what gives me a sliver of hope for the rest of the season. It's a very small sliver, mind you, but a sliver nonetheless.

CW

Buffalo always gets massacred on nationally televised games, all the way back to the Kelly days.  I still don't understand how we held the Pats in check most of the game, and that's what gives me a sliver of hope for the rest of the season.  It's a very small sliver, mind you, but a sliver nonetheless.

CW

491964[/snapback]

I agree 100%. You can't compare last night's game to, say, the 2003 KC Massacre... just a much better effort all the way around.

Most of them are to the tight end, no?

491963[/snapback]

I don't know, havn't paid that much attention.... :(

The RBs are getting some catches though -- two for Baber (go Gophers!) yesterday, two by the RBs the week before, two more the week before that. Not sure if those were screens or not, but it's definately a dumpoff.

CW

Buffalo always gets massacred on nationally televised games, all the way back to the Kelly days.  I still don't understand how we held the Pats in check most of the game, and that's what gives me a sliver of hope for the rest of the season.  It's a very small sliver, mind you, but a sliver nonetheless.

CW

491964[/snapback]

i really feel that as a team who gets no national prime time, they aren't used to playing that late. I myself, if you're used to going to work for a 1pm game, then all of a sudden you'r eworking for an 8:30-12mindnight game, it throws your body clock off a little bit. i would assume that people would be lethargic, i could barely stay awake to watch the game, so i can't imagine how they feel. I remember Bledsoe looked like he had just woken up in his eyes before a game, and then he was quoted as saying he relies on at least one cup of coffee b4 the game.

Have you watched any Dallas games this year?  Bledsoe is hitting screen passes like they're going out of style.

I think there was a different problem in the past few years regarding screen passes here.  Not sure what it was, since we're hitting them this year, but it doesn't look like it was the QB.

CW

491961[/snapback]

I've seen them some this year, and I'd agree he has shown some ability on flat passes, though I haven't seen them run any "traditional" screens where you suck the defenders up while looking down field and throw a soft loop pass over their heads.