Two comments about last night's coverage

Two things I have never seen before occured last night:

How great was that to hear the ref say that the Pats made an "unnatural act?" The announcer referred to it as an uncommon act, but the ref definitely said "unnatural." Of course, ESPN felt we did not need to see a replay of this unnatural act.

The new stat, specifically for Tedy Bruschi, for "Hits." WTF is that? It was never even defined. Is getting drilled by Shelton considered a hit? If that's a real stat, than Willis was collecting 3 hits per run when he was bowling over people.

I have also never seen any player drop the ball to grab their leg. Hilarious. The announcer (or maybe Suzy) referred to it as a potential cramp; Pass better hope it was more serious than that.

Other than the Moulds pass interference, and the possible catch/non-catch by Branch, the Bills finally got most of the breaks against these clowns.

I wonder where the flag was on this blatant illegal tackle?

Bruschi horse-collars Parrish

Two things I have never seen before occured last night:

How great was that to hear the ref say that the Pats made an "unnatural act?"  The announcer referred to it as an uncommon act, but the ref definitely said "unnatural."  Of course, ESPN felt we did not need to see a replay of this unnatural act.

The new stat, specifically for Tedy Bruschi, for "Hits."  WTF is that?  It was never even defined.  Is getting drilled by Shelton considered a hit?  If that's a real stat, than Willis was collecting 3 hits per run when he was bowling over people.

I have also never seen any player drop the ball to grab their leg.  Hilarious.  The announcer (or maybe Suzy) referred to it as a potential cramp; Pass better hope it was more serious than that.

Other than the Moulds pass interference, and the possible catch/non-catch by Branch, the Bills finally got most of the breaks against these clowns.

491645[/snapback]

did you see the ref, holding out his flag, dangling it over the spot where holcomb threw the ball away from. whats up with that.

i can understand, standing there, to keep the spot. but to just dangle it there just looked stupid.

they didnt throw a flag, because the "hero", missed the tackle. so he didnt get a tackle... but he got a "hit".  :angry:

491683[/snapback]

The most ridiculous part is that the footage of that heroic *missed* tackle has been used over and over and over to show how amazing he was. A linebacker stays home for a reverse then misses the tackle - and it is now one of the most heroic defensive plays of the 20th century.

Leading into SC on ESPN they actually were showing plays w/ Bruschi to introduce the segment and the narration over the missed tackle was something like "and heroics at the end to win the game" - to give the impression Bruschi made some game-saving play at the end when in fact they were (presumably) talking about the "heroics" of NE score 2 TDS in the last minutes.

The new stat, specifically for Tedy Bruschi, for "Hits."  WTF is that?  It was never even defined.  Is getting drilled by Shelton considered a hit?  If that's a real stat, than Willis was collecting 3 hits per run when he was bowling over people.

491645[/snapback]

My favorite Bruschi moment from last night was when tiny Roscoe Parrish shrugged off a Bruschi tackle in the backfield only to have the announcers act like Bruschi made an unbelievable play. Apparently they didn't notice the 3 other guys around Brushci that would have stopped Parrish in his tracks even if Bruschi didn't "disrupt the play".