Steve Czaban of Fox Sports Radio:

philburger1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you all still feel this way on December 17 about the announcers in particular and ESPN in general.

Mike

492738[/snapback]

Mike Tirico and Mike Golic are doing the Bills game instead of Theisman, Patrick, and Maguire. Tirico does a lot of college games and is good. Golic is pretty good too. It will be good just not to hear Theisman. Hopefully no one for Denver will be coming back from a stroke.

By what stretch of the imagination did you come up with that analysis?

492849[/snapback]

Unfortunately, Because I have personally seen what a stroke can do to a person. They shouldn't have embellished the story to the extent they did

Tried to listen to it with Field Pass, but the "Bills" link went straight to the Pats broadcast all night.  Everything about that game smelled like a fix.

491761[/snapback]

Well, for what it's worth....the "NE" link went to the Bills broadcast. Looks like they just had them swapped.

Time for a reality check here....

Those guys are TOLD what to discuss.  They have someone chirping in the ear the whole time. Yes, the broadcast sucked, but it is the PRODUCER that should have his balls lopped off, not the guys in the booth.

Now, I guess they could have tried to not lay it on so thick, but they are pawns in someone else's chess game...

492696[/snapback]

While you are correct, the talent (I can't believe I just typed that in reference to these bozos) actually has a lot of input...and in some cases veto power. (If John Madden says "I ain't saying that", my guess is he doesn't.) These guys aren't Madden (in stature...physical or in terms of power) but they COULD have said..."This is way too much. We'll look like idiots." My guess is they were willing (or, even worse, indifferent) accomplices.

like they are watching it at their own house.

491575[/snapback]

If they were at my house I'd tell them to shut the fugg up, I'm trying to watch a football game. And that's exactly what I do. I watch it with the sound off. I don't need those a$$holes telling me what just happened. I have eyes. I very rarely watch sports with the sound on.