In case you want to drop espn a note

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received back an autographed picture of Eric Estrada.

493042[/snapback]

Ok sent mine....

Dear ESPN producers, directors and support staff who are responsible for content on the Sunday night football games,

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your fine reporting of the Teddy Bruschi story, a well written documentary with dramatic footage of his pre and post stroke Herculean efforts. This story hit the hearts of those who root for the underdog, and cheer for the "comeback kid" each and every Sunday. The wonderfully produced pre game interviews were well done and thoughtful, creating a well paced, yet informative chronicle of his struggle to get back on the field after such a serious event.

The inclusion of live shots of his wife only enhanced the nights drama, as she was seen many times in the throes of anguish, excitement, disappointment, and several other emotions such as despair, chagrin, melancholy, boredom, indifference, nervousness, hunger and painful menstrual cramping. I could only hope that we could have seen more of her as she cheered for her hero!

I would also like to thank you for creating the wonderful fades into and out off the broadcast showing Bruschi as a hero of epic proportions.

This wonderful evening was only marred by the occasional reference to the game being played on the field, my question for the staff assembling this wonderfully dramatic piece is, Why did you broadcast it when there was a football game on? All that chatter about a game that was being played somewhere backstage or on a field somewhere took away from the real reason you people put the show together. I will admit that a good portion of the broadcast was about Mr. Bruschi, but there were parts of the broadcast that dealt with a game between the New England Patriots and the Buffalo Bills. This was an utter distraction! I refuse to watch any more of your documentaries if you continue to cut away briefly for these shots of games being played someplace backstage. Please stick to what you are good at, documentaries about people and topical informative reporting of issues that would generally not be seen in mainstream media. This football stuff has got to go, you ruined a quality documentary by mixing that football stuff in there. If we had wanted to watch football Sunday, we would have turned a game on...

Ok sent mine....

Dear ESPN producers, directors and support staff who  are responsible for content on the Sunday night football games,

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your fine reporting of the Teddy Bruschi story, a well written documentary with dramatic footage of his pre and post stroke Herculean efforts. This story hit the hearts of those who root for the underdog, and cheer for the "comeback kid" each and every Sunday. The wonderfully produced pre game interviews were well done and thoughtful, creating a well paced, yet informative chronicle of his struggle to get back on the field after such a serious event.

The inclusion of live shots of his wife only enhanced the nights drama, as she was seen many times in the throes of anguish, excitement, disappointment, and several other emotions such as despair, chagrin, melancholy, boredom, indifference, nervousness, hunger and painful menstrual cramping. I could only hope that we could have seen more of her as she cheered for her hero!

I would also like to thank you for creating the wonderful fades into and out off the broadcast showing Bruschi as a hero of epic proportions.

This wonderful evening was only marred by the occasional reference to the game being played on the field, my question for the staff assembling this wonderfully dramatic piece is, Why did you broadcast it when there was a football game on? All that chatter about a game that was being played somewhere backstage or on a field somewhere took away from the real reason you people put the show together. I will admit that a good portion of the broadcast was about Mr. Bruschi, but there were parts of the broadcast that dealt with a game between the New England Patriots and the Buffalo Bills. This was an utter distraction! I refuse to watch any more of your documentaries if you continue to cut away briefly for these shots of games being played someplace backstage. Please stick to what you are good at, documentaries about people and topical informative reporting of issues that would generally not be seen in mainstream media. This football stuff has got to go, you ruined a quality documentary by mixing that football stuff in there. If we had wanted to watch football Sunday, we would have turned a game on...

493239[/snapback]

<_<:wub::wub:

Guff, you always come up with good ones.

"I would like to add my thoughts about the fiasco that your network calls "Sunday Night Football". Your broadcast last Sunday was shameful. I tuned in to watch a football game, but to my chagrin I was forced to listen to three pathetic hours of a contrived, over-the-top Tedy Bruschi lovefest.

To whom was this broadcast directed at? Sports fans? I don't think a single fan would have considered cutting away to a useless interview during a crucial moment in the game. Was it directed toward illiterates that can't distinguish between a real hero and a grown man who plays a game for a living? Well, I guess you nailed that one.

I think you performed a disservice to Mr. Bruschi, the New England Patriots, the Buffalo Bills, and all NFL fans when you turned your broadcast into some sort of night time, made for TV fiction piece.

ESPN's continued slide away from sports reporting and programming into contrived TV is regrettable.

Scott Sarama

webmaster

http://www.twobillsdrive.com"

Here's my response to the Ombudsman:

I'll try to make this brief. Your lack coverage of the Patriots/Bills game to make room for the Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) Special: A Modern Football Hero was horrible. Any more gushing over Bruschi (We're not worthy!), and we'd be talking about the stain on the blue uniform. Oh, and BTW, you need new Sunday night commentators...but I'm sure you already knew that. Maybe you can pick up some good ones in the next draft.