This quote by Mularkey pretty much sums it up

Too bad you missed the game.  The Bills dominated them for 3 quarters of football.  Up until a couple of costly turnovers late in the game, they played their arses off, not just hanging with New England, but snotting them for a better part of the game.

That's a step in the right direction, isn't it?  I mean, it's better than getting man-handled in Tampa or Oakland, right?

491979[/snapback]

And guess what? It's still a Loss.

I don't give a rat's ass if the "snotted" NE for 3/4.

it's the LOSS that matters. SCOREBOARD.

I think it is being generally underestimated at how well the Bills played and coached on the road in primetime vs. the superbowl champs who had two weeks to prepare with a genius coach, injuries or not. Not to mention all the Tedy hype and ballwashing that went on. The coaching staff last night especially really showed me something by how they performed vs. BB with a bye week. And I needed to see this because a few of their decisions earlier this season left me lacking faith in their abilites as coaches.

I hate losing, too, but I don't see the point of ranting & raving over a tough loss in a Week 8 game.... unless you're looking to entertain everybody else.  :( 

That kind of energy is better saved for more important & serious rants...

like running Bledsoe out of town. ;)  :lol:

491982[/snapback]

Man, it's not just this week. It's last year's season finale. It's last year's season opener. It's last years sunday nighter in New England. It's the contant beating over the head with the billy-club of horrible football that this "team" subjects us to.

How the hell am I supposed to react? Glee? optimism?

Screw that.

I think it is being generally underestimated at how well the Bills played and coached on the road in primetime vs. the superbowl champs who had two weeks to prepare with a genius coach, injuries or not. Not to mention all the Tedy hype and ballwashing that went on. The coaching staff last night especially really showed me something by how they performed vs. BB with a bye week. And I needed to see this because a few of their decisions earlier this season left me lacking faith in their abilites as coaches.

491996[/snapback]

L.

I'm not arguing that. 

But they did make a step in the right direction.  Anyone who claims otherwise simply hasn't being paying attention.

492032[/snapback]

Yeah.

OK, well, now I have faith that they'll only lose by 21 to KC after the bye.

Faith is for losers. Results are all that matter.

Yeah.

OK, well, now I have faith that they'll only lose by 21 to KC after the bye.

Faith is for losers. Results are all that matter.

492035[/snapback]

Considering you thought they'd lose to the Pats by 40, I'll take it.

Too bad you missed the game.  The Bills dominated them for 3 quarters of football.  Up until a couple of costly turnovers late in the game, they played their arses off, not just hanging with New England, but snotting them for a better part of the game.

That's a step in the right direction, isn't it?  I mean, it's better than getting man-handled in Tampa or Oakland, right?

491979[/snapback]

Campy,

They dominated in time of possession but that's about all they dominated. Unfortunately winning the ToP stat doesn't get you a W. It bears repeating, we were playing against 2nd, 3rd and even 4th stringers!

I'm not arguing that. 

But they did make a step in the right direction.  Anyone who claims otherwise simply hasn't being paying attention.

492032[/snapback]

It's only a step in the right direction if it leads to Wins from this point on...They go out and lay another egg...It's a step towards a losing Season and yet another year out of The Playoff picture...Or in other words, a step to nowhere...

It's only a step in the right direction if it leads to Wins from this point on...They go out and lay another egg...It's a step to nowhere...

492091[/snapback]

I guess that's one way of looking at it. The opposing viewpoint may be that it's a little too early to start cryin' in yer Cheerios when we haven't even played the next game yet.

The Bills are 3-5, 2-1 in the division, and aren't out of it. One only has to look to last season to see that anything's possible.

But if the majority here are more concerned with doom and gloom, that's cool. Just don't expect me to buy into it, that's all. Maybe it's my cancer talking, but football season's just too darn short to not make the best of it and to not find a way to enjoy it.

To each his own...

It's only a step in the right direction if it leads to Wins from this point on...They go out and lay another egg...It's a step towards a losing Season and yet another year out of The Playoff picture...Or in other words, a step to nowhere...

492091[/snapback]

Or a step to better draft position. At least the team played with pride; an attitude which reflects well on the coaching staff, and which will hopefully carry over into next year.