Parrish's end of game Punt Return

ThePebble19

Was I the only one that was a little surprised with Parrish's speed on the punt return at the end of the game? I thought he was a lot faster than that, and he looked like he had been running a mile by the time he got to that sideline....the way he turned the catch around, and turned it upfield, I thought he had a chance to go...

Was I the only one that was a little surprised with Parrish's speed on the punt return at the end of the game?  I thought he was a lot faster than that, and he looked like he had been running a mile by the time he got to that sideline....the way he turned the catch around, and turned it upfield, I thought he had a chance to go...

491367[/snapback]

i think the one you are talking about he did run forever on and the way i saw it he stumbled a bit and couldnt get his feet or he would have been dangerous

Was I the only one that was a little surprised with Parrish's speed on the punt return at the end of the game?  I thought he was a lot faster than that, and he looked like he had been running a mile by the time he got to that sideline....the way he turned the catch around, and turned it upfield, I thought he had a chance to go...

491367[/snapback]

He had. When you run sideline to sideline, that's 50 yards. And he'd already jigged and juked about 6 guys.

I was suprised that he was out there at all! We have the games best return man and we don't use him?

Jeff

491388[/snapback]

Dunno. Perhaps they felt that the Pats had little idea about Parrish - no film on him. Kinda like when a pitcher comes up from the minors and has a good game because nobody really knows his stuff.

Dunno. Perhaps they felt that the Pats had little idea about Parrish - no film on him. Kinda like when a pitcher comes up from the minors and has a good game because nobody really knows his stuff.

491415[/snapback]

Well now they have film.

Teams had better start preparing for 50 yard horizontal returns when there is no time to spare or they are gonna have some problems!

That should have been Clements out there returning that. Hopefully he would have fielded it cleanly and got out of bounds sooner if he had to.

Parrish is a rookie and that was too important of a return.

491491[/snapback]

Amen.

he should have caught the damn thing first.

if he catches it, and returns it to the ~50 yard line (which is reasonable since there were no real defenders near him), we had ~25 seconds to try for the endzone.

a real !@#$ up.

491367[/snapback]

He looked like Antonio Brown to me.

Nick, did you read my post? I never said PUNT return man? Did you see him return ANYTHING???

Jeff

492114[/snapback]

Remember, he tweaked his knee last week in Oakland. They were probably trying to limit his exposure to another injury and/or aggrevating it, and since Bflo is deeper at KR/PR than at CB, they most likely held him out of ST plays for that reason.