Why Don't the Schedule Makers Just GIVE

EVERY year, we get one friggin Sunday Nighter. . . always on the road against an AFC East opponent, coming off a friggin bye, I mean talk about playing against a stacked deck. I mean if the schedule makers are going to continue doing this why don't they just make a take a forfeit loss and GIVE the opposition the win. That's basically what they are doing. Why doesn't the NFL just admit they'd like this team to move to a bigger market? It is TOO obvious with that schedule making what they're up to.

You only get primetime gamnes for winning primetimes games in the past year , or having a solid team, buffalo hasnt been worthy of primetime games since NE started tearing them apart years ago,,,, scheduales makers, look at NE's first 6 games , divisional oppentnets, oh but sheduales are set in stone , yeah rigth, what about the 4 picked from the oposing conference, sheduales are made up for hype fromt he following year, this there set in stone years advance is BS, also why was INDY taken out of the AFC EAST a few years back combined w/ there easy tinker bell sheduale this year, smells like a biig buildup to let down again :)

You only get primetime gamnes for winning primetimes games in the past year , or having a solid team, buffalo hasnt been worthy of primetime games since NE started tearing them apart years ago,,,, scheduales makers, look at NE's first 6 games , divisional oppentnets, oh but sheduales are set in stone , yeah rigth, what about the 4 picked from the oposing conference, sheduales are made up for hype fromt he following year, this there set in stone years advance is BS, also why was INDY taken out of the AFC EAST a few years back combined w/ there easy tinker bell sheduale this year, smells like a biig buildup to let down again :flirt:

495644[/snapback]

and i thought folks from new Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) just talked funny

dude...hukt ahn foniks werkt fer mee!

*EDIT* :) new filter

new englannd (spelled correctly) = new Bruschi (We're not worthy!)

Why doesn't the NFL just admit they'd like this team to move to a bigger market?

491143[/snapback]

Because that's not what the NFL is out to do.

Let's play devil's advocate and say the NFL wanted to move the Bills to Los Angeles. There's no suitable long-term stadium situation. The people of LA would rather go surfing or watch the Trojans or Bruins than the NFL. The Raiders couldn't sell out at the Coliseum, and the Rams couldn't draw flies before it was all over in Anaheim.

That market lost two teams to smaller markets IN THE SAME YEAR. We tend to forget that little tidbit.

In Buffalo, the Bills have failed to sell out once since the beginning of the 2003 season. That's a minimum of 71,000 for 19 of the last 20 home games. The Bills held the league's all-time single season attendance record for years, until the Redskins broke it recently.

The Buffalo market includes Rochester, Syracuse and (don't forget) southern Ontario...the ONLY NFL market that includes a large affluent population of another country. Buffalo is a small market, but the situation seems to be working.

Plus, it looks like the Saints may eventually end up in LA. If not, the Chargers can always go 130 miles up I-5.

I don't believe that the Bills are going anywhere. And remember, I speak from experience, even though I've long since forgiven Art Modell. It was 10 years ago this very weekend that it was announced that the Browns were going to Baltimore.

Mike

Syracuse is not part of the Buffalo market..... it is a distant ancillary market that splits its attention among the Bills, Jets, and Giants - and most cities in the US have similar distant ancillary markets.

Fortunately we don't have to worry about any team moving to LA until they figure out the stadium situation - but someday the will. We can only hope that Al Davis has gone on to that great football heaven in the sky by then, allowing the Raiders to be moved to the city where they belong.

JDG

You only get primetime gamnes for winning primetimes games in the past year , or having a solid team, buffalo hasnt been worthy of primetime games since NE started tearing them apart years ago,,,, scheduales makers, look at NE's first 6 games , divisional oppentnets, oh but sheduales are set in stone , yeah rigth, what about the 4 picked from the oposing conference, sheduales are made up for hype fromt he following year, this there set in stone years advance is BS, also why was INDY taken out of the AFC EAST a few years back combined w/ there easy tinker bell sheduale this year, smells like a biig buildup to let down again :)

495644[/snapback]

That was almost a coherent sentence. I disagree with you both. There's a freaking Dallas-Washington MNF game every damn year and those teams have done squat the last 10 years. It has a lot to do with ratings, but it's also gay that the Bills always play on the road when TD has explicitly said they wouldn't mind home games.

As for the OP - do you honestly feel NE would've played worse if they weren't coming off a bye, or playing in the afternoon? The Bills suck on the road under all of those circumstances.

That was almost a coherent sentence.  I disagree with you both.  There's a freaking Dallas-Washington MNF game every damn year and those teams have done squat the last 10 years.  It has a lot to do with ratings, but it's also gay that the Bills always play on the road when TD has explicitly said they wouldn't mind home games.

As for the OP - do you honestly feel NE would've played worse if they weren't coming off a bye, or playing in the afternoon?  The Bills suck on the road under all of those circumstances.

495707[/snapback]

The New York teams also will get Monday Night games almost every year regardless, just because the New York media market is so huge that that factor alone almost guarantees decent ratings.

JDG