My Off-Week Plan

buckeyemike

I just thought I would share this with all of you:

On Saturday, I get to go to Weirton, WV. That is a town of about 20,000 people 40 miles due west of Pittsburgh.

My aunt and uncle will be renewing their wedding vows. He's 93, she's 88. On November 22, they will have been married for seventy (that's right, I said 70) years.

Both of them have not been in the best of health. Uncle Archie, a retired steelworker and minister in the Church of the Nazarene, has survived numerous health problems, including cancer and having nodules removed from his larynx. His voice is but a whisper of what it used to be.

My Aunt Elizabeth (who is my mother's oldest surviving sister) suffers from severe osteoporosis and broke her hip in a fall two years ago. They still live at their home of over 50 years, but they have a granddaughter who lives next door who looks after them every single day.

Aunt Elizabeth will be wearing her granddaughter's wedding gown. She's so tiny that they needed to take the dress in somewhat. She is also frail, and needs to be helped down the aisle. I know that there will be many tears, and much joy, in the church next weekend.

These two people have had such an impact on my life. I cannot wait to see them on Saturday and celebrate with them.

Mike

These two people have had such an impact on my life.  I cannot wait to see them on Saturday and celebrate with them.

489799[/snapback]

Sounds like a great get-together for your family. Enjoy all the memories! <_<

These two people have had such an impact on my life.  I cannot wait to see them on Saturday and celebrate with them.

Mike

489799[/snapback]

Bless them. You are very lucky, Mike. I was, too - I was raised in a home that included my Grandmother, and Great Aunt and Uncle.