The Sports Guy's take on the Bills-Pats

Even throws in a McGuire reference...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/051028

PATS (-8.5) over Bills

Dan from Toronto sums up Buffalo's season: "Do you ever feel like you are in such a funk before your team has even played? I am so sick about how crappy I am going to feel at the end of the Sunday night game against the Pats that here is my analogy: My Buffalo Bills are going to get HAMMERED so badly this Sunday night that I am already preparing for the emptiness that I am going to feel after that game. It's like waiting for a doctor to come meet you in the waiting room after you just showed him your balloon-sized tumor in your head. You know you have cancer, he knows you have cancer … but you still have to do the song and dance of waiting for the confirmation. Right now my Bills are the cancer! And the Bills season is over far too early."

(By the way, I want you to watch something right now, watch the way Tedy Bruschi fills this lane, watch this, watch him sneak over there and meet McGahee, watch this -- BAM! Right there! You want to talk about a guy who isn't rusty? You want to talk about a guy who missed playing football? You want to talk about a guy who has this crowd in a frenzy right now?)

Major subpar article for him.

Eli rules, Peyton sucks! Since when does an October interconference home game qualify as a "big game"? Who else have the Giants beaten? Maybe the Skins shouldn't have won in Dallas, but they shouldn't have lost in KC either.

Oh yeah, I've given up on the Bills in case you can't tell. Tuesday's signature says it all.

Please tell me McGuire isn't calling this game.

If he is, I say we have ourselves a contest.

Guess the # of times McGuire leads a comment with "You talk about..." or "You want to talk about..."

My guess: 9, one for each point in the spread.

Winner gets a garbage plate

Guess the # of times McGuire leads a comment with "You talk about..." or "You want to talk about..."

489100[/snapback]

I actually hate him now as much as I hate Dan Dierdorf. Dan Dierdorf says the exact same things as McGuire, except he somehow finds a way to make it even worse. "You want to talk about total domination. Right now the New England Patriots are SCHOOLING the Buffalo Bills on national television, and I have to tell, I'm not sure...I'm REALLY not sure...how the Buffalo Bills are going to be able to get up tomorrow and look themselves in the mirror. This has been one of the most HUMILIATING games in the HISTORY of the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE."

Dierdoof was in the lead, but then I had to look at Paul McGuire's mug in hi-def, and he pulled neck-n-neck with the suffrin' succotash of the NFL.

489100[/snapback]

In San Antonio, some of us got together at the hotel to watch the Sunday night Cards/Niners fiasco. Bored with the game itself, we decided the Maguire "Let me tell you - " watch would make a great drinking game...