I have a feeling we franchise Clements

jahnyc

Can we afford McGee's new deal and a top market deal for Clements? I hope so, but I have my doubts that the team will do it. I have a feeling the plan is to trade Clements (if franchised) and try to pick up a cb in the draft with one of our early picks.

I believe that the salary cap will be significantly higher next year, but I doubt that will matter in this situation.

lol, that was i read on KFFl...

i can see it happneing. i can also see us franchising him and signing him to a lng term deal.

i do NOT want McGee to be our #1 CB.

but i think we can afford both. McGee's deal was not that much. and if you dont resign clements, than who would you resign??

lol, that was i read on KFFl...

i can see it happneing. i can also see us franchising him and signing him to a lng term deal.

i do NOT want McGee to be our #1 CB.

but i think we can afford both. McGee's deal was not that much.  and if you dont resign clements, than who would you resign??

489044[/snapback]

Having a great CB and no pass rush, you'll get burned either way... if we sacrifice Nate to boost up our OL and DL, then so be it, we'll be a better team overall

Having a great CB and no pass rush, you'll get burned either way... if we sacrifice Nate to boost up our OL and DL, then so be it, we'll be a better team overall

489050[/snapback]

and who will be out #1 CB? a high paid FA?

cus thomas and greer can NOT be that shut down CB we need on D.