More McGahee...

Spun

Don't get me wrong.  I like McGahee.  I like his confidence and I understand how cockiness/confidence contributes to athletes doing the unbelievable.  But I have to wonder what some hall of famers might say of his comments.

Article from Jim Trotter fo the San Diego Tribune:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s28jtrottr.html

488665[/snapback]

Fallout? McGahee was playing the Miami U. propaganda game with his comment. The Buffalo Bills have far more things to worry about then Willis McGahee's confidence and bravado. It's too bad the players blocking for him don't aspire to be the best in their profession.

I agree. I hardly think this is some sort of fallout.

You can bank on Willis saying plenty of more ridiculous things.

488707[/snapback]

if he were actually great like TO or Chad Johnson, he'd garner more attention

now he's currently one of the mediocre trash talkers

Don't get me wrong.  I like McGahee.  I like his confidence and I understand how cockiness/confidence contributes to athletes doing the unbelievable.  But I have to wonder what some hall of famers might say of his comments.

488665[/snapback]

McGahee is a 'barely above average' running back, who talks like he's the best of all time. This is all posturing on his part for the new deal he wants, where he will price himself totally out of Buffalo and to a sunshine team (something he's always wanted). Then, all the Willis worshipers here will jump on the other side and mention how mediocre he is. If he had 1/2 the dedication and loyalty that Travis had for the Bills he's be a much better back for us.

488665[/snapback]

Who was that article intended to enlighten?

He should have just said "Well, golly gee, I just hope by the end of the season I can maintain at least a 2.5 yard per carry average, because that would be like decent, you know what I mean?"

:doh:

488731[/snapback]

Or he could have said, "that's not for me to say, I'll leave that to sports writers, fans and my peers to discuss."

If he had 1/2 the dedication and loyalty that Travis had for the Bills he's be a much better back for us.

488723[/snapback]

I'm sure Travis was planning on stopping at his second substance abuse violation because of his intense loyalty to the Bills.

RTB

Or he could have said, "that's not for me to say, I'll leave that to sports writers, fans and my peers to discuss."

489080[/snapback]

Fine, you draft the great politicians/orators, I'll draft the guy who can run with a football...

Fallout? McGahee was playing the Miami U. propaganda game with his comment. The Buffalo Bills have far more things to worry about then Willis McGahee's confidence and bravado. It's too bad the players blocking for him don't aspire to be the best in their profession.

488694[/snapback]

That's because their not the best at their position. Even if this line could play up to average standards, I think it would make tremendous difference.

I'm sure Travis was planning on stopping at his second substance abuse violation because of his intense loyalty to the Bills.

RTB

489208[/snapback]

TH had some issues no doubt and still does. And i agree the WM should have been kept over him, but can you see willis playing with a broken leg? I can't. TH may have had some serious fumble issues and attitude problems (but how would you feel if you were replaced like that?) but he DID give his heart and soul to this team only to have it trampled on. If willis had half of TH's drive he could be the best back in the league but it seems he wants to talk himself up without doing sh-- on the field except run all over bad fuggin football teams. Go Bills!

Dave

Fine, you draft the great politicians/orators, I'll draft the guy who can run with a football...

489213[/snapback]

Because these things are obviously mutually exclusive. Just look at all the smack LT talks. You take the guy that talks sh*t and runs pretty well, I’ll take the guy that plays great and is a class act.

Having confidence in yourself and running off at the mouth aren’t the same thing. I don’t think Willis’ comments are that big of a deal, but I can’t believe there are people out there who actually like what they hear from this guy.

<_<

Because these things are obviously mutually exclusive.  Just look at all the smack LT talks.  You take the guy that talks sh*t and runs pretty well, I’ll take the guy that plays great and is a class act.

Having confidence in yourself and running off at the mouth aren’t the same thing.  I don’t think Willis’ comments are that big of a deal, but I can’t believe there are people out there who actually like what they hear from this guy.

<_<

489441[/snapback]

Imagine if Willis had Barry Sanders' skills? Man he would be intolerable. Where have you gone Barry Sanders? I loved when Barry would make the most incredible TD run, make 10 guys miss, then he would just hand the ball to the ref....sigh

Because these things are obviously mutually exclusive.  Just look at all the smack LT talks.  You take the guy that talks sh*t and runs pretty well, I’ll take the guy that plays great and is a class act.

Having confidence in yourself and running off at the mouth aren’t the same thing.  I don’t think Willis’ comments are that big of a deal, but I can’t believe there are people out there who actually like what they hear from this guy.

<_<

489441[/snapback]

I'll take the guy who is the best potential for running back at my pick. So we got a guy with a chip on his shoulder because he was drafted lower than his abilities. I'm not sweating it either way, and I don't care much for the people that make a big deal about it either way. I'm just tired of everyone picking on every word, every stutter, like they mean something.