Labatts on tap in SoCal

JLO

This sports bar in Hollywood, Big Wangs, at the corner of Cahuenga and Selma, one block north of Amoeba Music, started carrying Labatts. Its owned by some Boston area people, but I was able to talk them into getting Labatts. They have a special, $2.75 a pint during NHL Center Ice action, not as cheap as back home, but not bad for out here. Just a heads up for L.A. based TBD'ers.

This sports bar in Hollywood, Big Wangs, at the corner of Cahuenga and Selma, one block north of Amoeba Music, started carrying Labatts.  Its owned by some Boston area people, but I was able to talk them into getting Labatts.  They have a special, $2.75 a pint during NHL Center Ice action, not as cheap as back home, but not bad for out here. Just a heads up for L.A. based TBD'ers.

488381[/snapback]

Progress! Labatts takes some searching in SoCal. Usually it is Molson Canadian and Moosehead. They used to have large cans of Labatts available like the Fosters version that were perfect for the beach. However, I think I was the only one buying them so they are no longer available.

Now if they could get us some Brador (with the potency of the Canadian side of the border) that would be even nicer!

Does anybody know if they sell Labatts Wildcat in the Buffalo area? I drank some Wildcat when up in Quebec. It had a variety of potencies from I believe 7 - 10 %. It gives one a smacking.

I might be up in L.A. this weekend for the SC game, I may try Big Wangs.

Thanks for the tip and nice work getting the Labatts on the menu!

This sports bar in Hollywood, Big Wangs, at the corner of Cahuenga and Selma, one block north of Amoeba Music, started carrying Labatts.  Its owned by some Boston area people, but I was able to talk them into getting Labatts.  They have a special, $2.75 a pint during NHL Center Ice action, not as cheap as back home, but not bad for out here. Just a heads up for L.A. based TBD'ers.

488381[/snapback]

After much lobbying by my buddy Johnny "The Burro", as of next week you'll be able to order up a full draw of Labatt's Blue at Barney's Beanery.

Progress!  Labatts takes some searching in SoCal.  Usually it is Molson Canadian and Moosehead.  They used to have large cans of Labatts available like the Fosters version that were perfect for the beach.  However, I think I was the only one buying them so they are no longer available.

Now if they could get us some Brador (with the potency of the Canadian side of the border) that would be even nicer!

Does anybody know if they sell Labatts Wildcat in the Buffalo area?  I drank some Wildcat when up in Quebec.  It had a variety of potencies from I believe 7 - 10 %.  It gives one a smacking.

I might be up in L.A. this weekend for the SC game, I may try Big Wangs.

Thanks for the tip and nice work getting the Labatts on the menu!

488605[/snapback]

Moosehead was the beer that they took out and replaced with Labatts.