THHUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH.......

Rayzer32

You're right...no one cares. There are only three pages of dialogue about the Yankees-Red Sox. But let's change the subject. Let's talk about the team with the best record in baseball...the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. With Carpenter, Suppan, Marquis and Morris, they are a LOCK to win it all. Sarcasm off.

I respect St. Louis as a great baseball town, with a great fan base. But if there were ever fans rooting for a team that could finish with the best record in baseball, and then call for the manager's head when the season ended, it would be this year's Cardinal fans. Because that's exactly what I think will happen if the Cards fall in the playoffs, and no offense, BF, but I think you will be leading the charge.

35799[/snapback]

I'm really starting to buy into the whole "new golden age of baseball" idea. The 90's were a low point for the sport but I don't see how it could be much better than it is right now.

Races in:

AL West

AL East

NL Wild Card (4 team race if you include the Marlins (which you could about 5 days ago))

NL West

And yet no potential playoff team strikes me as a lock to make it past even the first round. This is f'n great!

All I could ask for is that they find a way to make these World Series games end before Midnight on the East Coast. Not too hard to accomplish, IMO.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: , thats for making us yankee fans look like bigger !@#$s then people already think.

I knew the BloSox peaked too soon.  They couldn't beat the Yankees bullpen tonight.  El DuQue only pitched 3 innings.  Bwaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

35668[/snapback]

Well that is coming from someone who has been a Red Sox fan in Boston for 23 years and now in NY for 10 years.  I would tend to agree with her.  She knows both points of view pretty well.  And until the last year or two, I can personally say I have never seen so many Red Sox hats around NY as I have this year.  I am willing to bet 90% of them are just Yankee haters wearing them and couldn't name 5 players on the Red Sox.

35803[/snapback]

OK, so you're saying that even though I was out of state, am a huge Sox fan for 36 years, that she is still right? Couldn't find a Sox fan out of state anywhere? I guess that means either I was hiding under rock or I am lying about my affiliation. SO which is it?

OK, so you're saying that even though I was out of state, am a huge Sox fan for 36 years, that she is still right?  Couldn't find a Sox fan out of state anywhere?  I guess that means either I was hiding under rock or I am lying about my affiliation.  SO which is it?

36131[/snapback]

I am saying that I tend to agree with her. She has lived on both sides of the pendulum You have to admit you never used to see so many Red Sox hats being worn outside of MA than you do now a days. I don't see that many more people wearing Cubs hats than I have for the last 10 years.

I am saying that I tend to agree with her.  She has lived on both sides of the pendulum  You have to admit you never used to see so many Red Sox hats being worn outside of MA than you do now a days.  I don't see that many more people wearing Cubs hats than I have for the last 10 years.

36146[/snapback]

Well, then if you agree with her assessment that not a Sox fan could be found outside of Mass, then you are calling me liar. If you agree with her that her statement is true, then you are saying I am not a Sox fan for the last 37 years or that I lived in Mass at the time she is talking about. Either way, you are calling me a liar.

Man you are narrow minded. I agree with her that you never saw so many Red Sox fans outside of MA as you do now. Why is that SO FREAKIN hard for you to comprehend. Either all those Red Sox fans from the past have moved to all parts of the country or, now that they are good, more people are jumping on their bandwagon.

I am just stating a POV from a source that has been on both sides and now I am calling you a liar......please!!! I have no clue whether you are a liar or not and frankly I don't care, that's your problem.

Man you are narrow minded.  I agree with her that you never saw so many Red Sox fans outside of MA as you do now.  Why is that SO FREAKIN hard for you to comprehend.  Either all those Red Sox fans from the past have moved to all parts of the country or, now that they are good, more people are jumping on their bandwagon. 

I am just stating a POV from a source that has been on both sides and now I am calling you a liar......please!!!  I have no clue whether you are a liar or not and frankly I don't care, that's your problem.

36371[/snapback]

No, just logical. You ORIGINALLY quoted your wife as saying that when they struggled not a Sox fan out of state could be found. I stated that I have been a Sox fan for the past 36 years and was out of state when they struggled. That by pure logic alone necessitates the conclusion that her position is overstated. I am a Sox fan, I could be found, and I was out of state, all when they struggled.

Then you come back and say that you have to agree with her. But in order to agree with her ORIGINAL statement, you MUST be assuming that I am lying, because I just told you I am the very example of someone that she claims could not be found.

But NOW, you are saying that you agree with her that "you never saw so many Red Sox fans outside of MA as you do now." That is a different statement then the original one. So now, you seem to be agreeing with me, that her original position was overstated because you have softened it from "when they struggled you couldn't find a Sox fan anywhere out of state" to "there are a lot more out of state fans now than there were then they struggled."

Do you see how I have a FREAKIN problem comprehending? You state one thing, and now another. That makes logical conversation a little difficult. Does it make me narrow minded that you said one thing, but actually meant another?

Did you actually think I would be serious in saying there were NO Red Sox fans outside of MA. That would be a totally assinine statement for someone to take so seriously. It's just an observation as to how few you saw wearing B hats and shirts a few years ago as to how many you see now. If you compare how it is now to how it was 3-4 years ago, it would seem like there were no fans outside of MA before because there are so many now. That's all. No big deal.

My whole point was to be that either everyone from MA is moving to other states or people are just starting to jump on the bandwagon because they actually have a chance. I'm sure you always supported you team being from out of state, but not nearly as many people did before they were good. My wife has twice as much Red Sox crap now than she did 5-6 years ago.

Did you actually think I would be serious in saying there were NO Red Sox fans outside of MA.  That would be a totally assinine statement for someone to take so seriously.  It's just an observation as to how few you saw wearing B hats and shirts a few years ago as to how many you see now.  If you compare how it is now to how it was 3-4 years ago, it would seem like there were no fans outside of MA before because there are so many now.  That's all.  No big deal.

My whole point was to be that either everyone from MA is moving to other states or people are just starting to jump on the bandwagon because they actually have a chance.  I'm sure you always supported you team being from out of state, but not nearly as many people did before they were good.  My wife has twice as much Red Sox crap now than she did 5-6 years ago.

36631[/snapback]

Well, had you said this after my first post, we wouldn't still be carrying on this silly discourse. After all, that was the point of my first post. :angry:

Well, had you said this after my first post, we wouldn't still be carrying on this silly discourse.  After all, that was the point of my first post.  :angry:

36645[/snapback]

I knw what you mean. I was having a hard time spitting it out to have it make sense. I still didn't get it out the way I would have liked, but oh well. It's over now time to put it to rest.

Enjoy the Bills game. :(