Speaking of potatoes...has anybody here

taterhill

love poutine. You can get it at places like burger king in Canada. Just don't eat it if you plan on being hungry again later :-D

After a night of drinking and gambling in Canada, a few of my buddies and I strolled into Burger King on Clifton Hill at about 3-4 am. We were all schlitzed and waiting in line and I saw poutine on the menu. Being wasted and belligerent, I exclaim what the f-ck is poutine!? One of the "friendly" workers tells me what it is and we all laugh and talk about how random that is and how nasty it sounds. We proceed to make fun of Canada about weird spelling, monopoly $, etc. Needless to say I'm sure there was some extra spit on my burger that night. If there was any doubt as to why Canadians (and people on other countries everywhere) don't like Americans, it was erased that night. Sorry for letting the country down...

After a night of drinking and gambling in Canada, a few of my buddies and I strolled into Burger King on Clifton Hill at about 3-4 am. We were all schlitzed and waiting in line and I saw poutine on the menu. Being wasted and belligerent, I exclaim what the f-ck is poutine!? One of the "friendly" workers tells me what it is and we all laugh and talk about how random that is and how nasty it sounds. We proceed to make fun of Canada about weird spelling, monopoly $, etc. Needless to say I'm sure there was some extra spit on my burger that night. If there was any doubt as to why Canadians (and people on other countries everywhere) don't like Americans, it was erased that night. Sorry for letting the country down...

486629[/snapback]

Intoxication and belligerence is a global phenomenon. Even in Canada!

As for Poutine, I have seen it offered at various fast food restaurants in Montreal. This summer I was going to try it. I went into a place called Belle Province on St Laurent Street and waited at the counter, and waited, and lost patience and courage, so I walked out. I ended up eating pizza which is very good in Montreal. Some of the locals say poutine is good depending on where you go. Others say stay away!

Come to think of it, you were in a Burger King so you may have been better off with the poutine. Then again there is Tim Hortons... Donuts...!

Intoxication and belligerence is a global phenomenon.  Even in Canada!

As for Poutine, I have seen it offered at various fast food restaurants in Montreal.  This summer I was going to try it.  I went into a place called Belle Province on St Laurent Street and waited at the counter, and waited, and lost patience and courage, so I walked out.  I ended up eating pizza which is very good in Montreal.  Some of the locals say poutine is good depending on where you go.  Others say stay away!

Come to think of it, you were in a Burger King so you may have been better off with the poutine.  Then again there is Tim Hortons...  Donuts...!

487817[/snapback]

99 cent slices across from the Novatel...with a peep show upstairs...we used to call it peepza

Have never had that, but have had this, and boy is it tough to stomach.

Potato-based moonshine made illegally in Ireland, is called poitín (IPA [ˈpˠocʲiːn], anglicized as poteen or potcheen) or formerly potheen (IPA [ˈpɒtiːn] but in Ireland [ˈpɔtʃiːn]). The term is a diminutive of the word pota 'a pot'.

As they say in Ireland...... this is the best thing in nature for sinking your sorrows or raising your joy!!!!!!!!

poutine is fantastic!

in the eastern townships they have abput ten variations of it- italian with meat sauce etc.

after the bars close a plate of poutine really helps settle the stomach- king of like slouvaki at a 24 hr greek family restaurant in buffalo.

la belle proivne has some of the best poutine there is- it is a greasy hamburger chain- the best place to get poutine from

getting it from BK or McD's doesn't do it justice