Anybody read the Q&A session with TD

Mikie2times

It's not exactly like the man that assembled this team would admit any midseason failures, or any GM for that matter, but I'm really starting to get pissed at listening to the same stuff we heard back when GW was around. Can you imagine if we could have a rebuttal for the crap that comes out of this guy’s mouth during the Q&A segment every week? Here is a couple of my rebuttles for NFL's king of spin, feel free to post yours.

Question: why can’t the Bills stop the run on defense and put up points in the second half on offense.

Tom Donahoe: Our biggest problems to date have been inconsistency on both sides of the ball. Many of our problems defensively have resulted from poor tackling. Offensively we have shown flashes of the ability to move the ball and control the clock. What we have to strive for is to develop more consistency as a football team.

Rebuttal: Considering inconsistency has been the excuse you have given to us fans for several years at what point do you take responsibility for not bringing in more consistent players? I also agree that we haven't been tackling well, but isn't tackling a fundamental part of defense, and if so who was responsible for assembling a defense that is not fundamentally sound?

Question: How do you propose the Bills find consistent and long-term success given that the sub-par/under talented/overwhelmed offensive line has not been addressed at all in many years?

Tom Donahoe: Each year over the last four we have made adjustments and improvements to our offensive line. We have done it through draft choices as Mike Williams is an example of a number one pick, and we have also addressed the line through free agency. Our line has proven to be very good run blockers and we have had thousand yard rushers in three of the last four seasons and are on pace to have another one this year. Our pass protection has been inconsistent.

Rebuttal: In your time as Bills GM you have drafted 2 OL in the first three rounds of the draft, one is no longer on this team, the other is a RT who played 2 full games this year, and currently makes more then any other player on the roster. We have made adjustments in each of the past four years, but isn't this an indication that each year we didn't have the right group of starters? In addition 18 teams had a thousand yard rusher last season, and the whole league would have one if every team had one primary back. In a 12 game season this could be something to hang your hat on, but not in today’s NFL.

It's not exactly like the man that assembled this team would admit any midseason failures, or any GM for that matter, but I'm really starting to get pissed at listening to the same stuff we heard back when GW was around.  Can you imagine if we could have a rebuttal for the crap that comes out of this guy’s mouth during the Q&A segment every week? Here is a couple of my rebuttles for NFL's king of spin, feel free to post yours.

Question: why can’t the Bills stop the run on defense and put up points in the second half on offense.

Tom Donahoe: Our biggest problems to date have been inconsistency on both sides of the ball. Many of our problems defensively have resulted from poor tackling. Offensively we have shown flashes of the ability to move the ball and control the clock. What we have to strive for is to develop more consistency as a football team.

Rebuttal: Considering inconsistency has been the excuse you have given to us fans for several years at what point do you take responsibility for not bringing in more consistent players? I also agree that we haven't been tackling well, but isn't tackling a fundamental part of defense, and if so who was responsible for assembling a defense that is not fundamentally sound?

Question: How do you propose the Bills find consistent and long-term success given that the sub-par/under talented/overwhelmed offensive line has not been addressed at all in many years?

Tom Donahoe: Each year over the last four we have made adjustments and improvements to our offensive line. We have done it through draft choices as Mike Williams is an example of a number one pick, and we have also addressed the line through free agency. Our line has proven to be very good run blockers and we have had thousand yard rushers in three of the last four seasons and are on pace to have another one this year. Our pass protection has been inconsistent.

Rebuttal:  In your time as Bills GM you have drafted 2 OL in the first three rounds  of the draft, one is no longer on this team, the other is a RT who played 2 full games this year, and currently makes more then any other player on the roster. We have made adjustments in each of the past four years, but isn't this an indication that each year we didn't have the right group of starters? In addition 18 teams had a thousand yard rusher last season, and the whole league would have one if every team had one primary back. In a 12 game season this could be something to hang your hat on, but not in today’s NFL.

485599[/snapback]

Nice. I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Especially with the 1,000 yard rusher thing. What a joke. I would love to have a crack at Donahoe in a town hall meeting type setting in the fieldhouse. I'd pay $100 a ticket to get into that.

Nice.  I was thinking the EXACT same thing.  Especially with the 1,000 yard rusher thing. What a joke.  I would love to have a crack at Donahoe in a town hall meeting type setting in the fieldhouse.  I'd pay $100 a ticket to get into that.

485610[/snapback]

1000 yard rusher = a guy who averages 62.5 yards a game and doesn't get injured.

It's not exactly like the man that assembled this team would admit any midseason failures, or any GM for that matter, but I'm really starting to get pissed at listening to the same stuff we heard back when GW was around.  Can you imagine if we could have a rebuttal for the crap that comes out of this guy’s mouth during the Q&A segment every week? Here is a couple of my rebuttles for NFL's king of spin, feel free to post yours.

Rebuttal:  In your time as Bills GM you have drafted 2 OL in the first three rounds  of the draft, one is no longer on this team, the other is a RT who played 2 full games this year, and currently makes more then any other player on the roster. We have made adjustments in each of the past four years, but isn't this an indication that each year we didn't have the right group of starters? In addition 18 teams had a thousand yard rusher last season, and the whole league would have one if every team had one primary back. In a 12 game season this could be something to hang your hat on, but not in today’s NFL.

485599[/snapback]

Well those rebuttals were dead-on perfect...I would love to hear how he would answer them...My guess is TD would say something like, "Next Question..."

I'm sure the guy is just as frustrated as we are with this team. Don't think he's not. It's no different than a car salesman not meeting his quota's year in and year out. ONly differenc eis, that guy would have been fired by now. However how many people can step up to fill TD's shoes?

However how many people can step up to fill TD's shoes?

486066[/snapback]

That is a good question...My thoughts are when it comes to TD's responsibilities as Team President it's REAL tough to find fault...But when it come to all things expected of TD as far as the GM responsibilities go (that is the on-the-Field/Scouting responsibilities), he has flat out failed. Zero playoff appearences, and likely no more this Season...failure...Plain and simple...

I've always said it's not a fans responsibility to figure out who can, and cant get the Job done...My only thought is there are Teams out there like The Patsies, Steelers, Eagles, Chargers, Colts, and heck even The Bengals, who are currently doing a FAR better Job in the Scouting/Player Developement/Free Agency area...And if I were to look at fixing what is wrong with the Bills, I would start by looking at what those Teams are doing, and who is doing it for them...

1000 yard rusher = a guy who averages 62.5 yards a game and doesn't get injured.

485985[/snapback]

Exactly.

I've always wondered why, in the Monday morning news, they celebrate the 100 yard rusher so much. Given that 1,000 yards is the 'standard' people cling to, shouldn't there be a stat column for the 62.5 yard rushers every week?

Or, maybe they should get excited over 1,600 yard rushers, if 100 yards is such a great accomplishment.

Exactly.

I've always wondered why, in the Monday morning news, they celebrate the 100 yard rusher so much.  Given that 1,000 yards is the 'standard' people cling to, shouldn't there be a stat column for the 62.5 yard rushers every week?

Or, maybe they should get excited over 1,600 yard rushers, if 100 yards is such a great accomplishment.

486089[/snapback]

I'll take the back that runs 20 times for 63 yards and converts 5 or 6, 3rd downs and plugs it in from the 1, any day.

I'll take the back that runs 20 times for 63 yards and converts 5 or 6,  3rd downs and plugs it in from the 1, any day.

486302[/snapback]

Not very realistic, unless there's another back on that team running for a good chunk of yardage, or unless your QB is either Donovan McNabb (short passing game in lieu of running) or Michael Vick (runs as much as his RBs).

Not very realistic, unless there's another back on that team running for a good chunk of yardage, or unless your QB is either Donovan McNabb (short passing game in lieu of running) or Michael Vick (runs as much as his RBs).

486333[/snapback]

The other back is busy catching 8 or 9 passes per game.

I've always said it's not a fans responsibility to figure out who can, and cant get the Job done...My only thought is there are Teams out there like The Patsies, Steelers, Eagles, Chargers, Colts, and heck even The Bengals, who are currently doing a FAR better Job in the Scouting/Player Developement/Free Agency area...And if I were to look at fixing what is wrong with the Bills, I would start by looking at what those Teams are doing, and who is doing it for them...

Chargers....hmmmm.....AJ Smith, used to be our guy back when we had a good team.

The other back is busy catching 8 or 9 passes per game.

486375[/snapback]

Wow!! If this back is catching @ a rate of 8 per game, he's going to have more catches in a season than anyone other than Marvin Harrison. If he catches @ a rate of 9 per game, he'll break Harrison's record by 1 catch.

He's a lock for the Hall of Fame.

Whats happening with the front office now is what happened in the 70's and most of the 80's.; Bad drafting, scouting, and evaluating of talent. Which in turn leads to year after year of poor football. TD has been here five years and right now they are not much further ahead then when he arrived as far as the product on the field.

we all know about the o-line but look at the d-line draft picks;

Schobel -2nd

Anderson -3rd

Denney -2nd

Kelsay -2nd

Edwards -3rd

Those are valuable picks and there is very little talent in that group.

That doesn't even count Bannan and Sape.