interesting mularkey response

Johnny

Joel Ereg (Rochester Hills, MI): Why not follow the Bengals blueprint with Carson Palmer. He went 2-6 in his first eight games, and 6-2 in the second half. Now, with the experience, he is an elite quarterback. J.P. obviously has what it takes, he simply needs the reps. Why not stay the course and allow him the reps he needs to reach his potential?

Mike Mularkey: At the time we made the change, we felt like it was best for our football team. It wasn't about J.P.'s progress, it was about trying to win games right away. I just felt that with some of the pressure JP was putting on himself, it was the best way to give us a chance to win and take some pressure off of him, and still allow him to progress in his learning. I think he's taken in a lot of things by watching Kelly, whether it's on the field or off the field. I think it's going to make J.P. a better quarterback.

"at the time we made the change".....does that mean another is coming soon? does that mean that after the fact he doesnt feel it is best for the team?

If JP is going to become a better quarterback off the field then i'm all for sitting him for 5 years till he is a great quarterback

3 weeks

485558[/snapback]

for real...you could be at worse 3-5 only two games under .500 the same winning percentage when he was benched

just speculation but i think they can win the chiefs game which would put them at 4-5 so i'll guess week 14 or 15

If the Bills want to compete next season they better put him in if the Patriots beat us. We gave it a run with Kelly, but if we go 3-5 heading into the bye we have zero chance catching the Patriots given the schedules. I can accept one more freaking year with no playoffs, hell I already accepted it, but I can't accept the QB position being in disarray going into next year. If the team wants to give up because of the move fug um, every year teams go threw this exact same thing and most still fight to the end.