if the bills beat the pats ...

dave, it ain't happening. There's no way in hell that the bills beat the patriots next week. If they do, I'll be happy. But they won't. And if they do, which they won't, I'll be the first to provide my crow recipe and cooking instructions. But I won't have to do that, cuz there's no way in hell that we can take them, especially at home. We'll get outcoached and outplayed, and if I had access to a sports book, I'd lay an easy thousand on the Pats and walk away with a $500 take. Easiest $500 anyone can make next Sunday.

But I'd be happier to lose that $1000. But how can you have any confidence in these coaches when they haven't had a 200+ yard passing game in 13 games? How can you believe when they haven't beaten anybody of consequence in 24 games? How can you have any confidence in these coaches when they have yet to prove that they're an upgrade over gregg williams and kevin gilbride? I like Mike Mularkey and I REALLY like Sam Wyche, but so far this group is not getting it done.

The playcalling has been consistently poor and bewildering, and I don't hear any ownership from the head coach. I just listened to his Monday comments on buffalobills.com. He said "we were beat in the trenches", etc, which is true, but WHY were they beat? Were they unprepared? Have they overestimated their players? Was the scheme a problem? Was the game plan a flop? Was there a failure to adjust, or a failure in the adjustments? Surely these all played a role, and they all point to the coaching, not players.

I'd take our players with Belichick before I'd take his players with our coaches, let's put it that way.

dave, it ain't happening. There's no way in hell that the bills beat the patriots next week. If they do, I'll be happy. But they won't. And if they do, which they won't, I'll be the first to provide my crow recipe and cooking instructions. But I won't have to do that, cuz there's no way in hell that we can take them, especially at home. We'll get outcoached and outplayed, and if I had access to a sports book, I'd lay an easy thousand on the Pats and walk away with a $500 take. Easiest $500 anyone can make next Sunday.

But I'd be happier to lose that $1000. But how can you have any confidence in these coaches when they haven't had a 200+ yard passing game in 13 games? How can you believe when they haven't beaten anybody of consequence in 24 games? How can you have any confidence in these coaches when they have yet to prove that they're an upgrade over gregg williams and kevin gilbride? I like Mike Mularkey and I REALLY like Sam Wyche, but so far this group is not getting it done.

The playcalling has been consistently poor and bewildering, and I don't hear any ownership from the head coach. I just listened to his Monday comments on buffalobills.com. He said "we were beat in the trenches", etc, which is true, but WHY were they beat? Were they unprepared? Have they overestimated their players? Was the scheme a problem? Was the game plan a flop? Was there a failure to adjust, or a failure in the adjustments? Surely these all played a role, and they all point to the coaching, not players.

I'd take our players with Belichick before I'd take his players with our coaches, let's put it that way.

485406[/snapback]

I'm not predicting a victory. all i'm saying is that it's in the realm of possibility. turnovers and special teams occasionly help weaker teams upset better teams. it happens all the time. because of some weird flukes, last year a NE team that was much better than it is now lost to an atrocious Miami team.

485406[/snapback]

p.s. i don't really think it's the coaching. i really think it's the talent level. the bills are a really bad pass blocking team (due an innate lack of talent, not coaches), and they don't have anything resembling a decent downfield thrower. losman is terrible right now, and holcomb, while a good short passer, doesn't have the arm strength to do it. you can't blame that on the coaches.

IMO the bottom line is this, we lose the Pats game.....and the season is over. There is no way this team is coming from 3-5 to make the playoffs with the schedule we have.....Win this game, and suddenly we are the frontrunners in the division again. This game is make or break, no doubt about it.

If the Bills lose vs. the Pats, it's time to throw in the towel on the season, and start JP again, because Holcomb is not getting us anywhere. But that will never happen because Ol' Whitey needs another sub par 500 year to keep his job......

It just won't happen, not with this team. I think we go 6-10. I expect big changes. Even if we do win were not going to make the playoffs. I'm sorry I'm being so pessimistic but this is TD's team which limits our success. That's a fact not an opinion.

I'm not predicting a victory. all i'm saying is that it's in the realm of possibility.  turnovers and special teams occasionly help weaker teams upset better teams.  it happens all the time. because of some weird flukes, last year a NE team that was much better than it is now lost to an atrocious Miami team.

485419[/snapback]

You are right in that it IS possible that the Bills will pull the upset of the Donahoe era. (Heck, it might even be bigger than going into Jacksonville and getting GW's 1st win ;) )

Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening (but d*mn, it would be cool if it does happen). Not on Sunday night, not w/ NE coming off a bye, not w/ Bruschi giving the team and fans an emotional lift (even if he never sets foot on the field, him dressing probably gives the Pats a 3 point boost). I hope I'm wrong.

And Bush admits he lied about WMD's

485479[/snapback]

Well that's the easy, placard-driven conclusion about that issue. If you're truth hunting, our intelligence agencies gave him bad intel, and they gave that same bad intel to many others, including colin powell, who took it to the UN, and john kerry, who reacted to with even greater alarm than bush at the time. There was no "lie". But don't get me wrong - I think Bush is a pud. He has failed to communicate effectively for so long it's hard to believe that his 'people' haven't done something about it.