if the bills beat the pats ...

they'll be 4-4 overall, 3-0 in the division, and 4-1 in the conference. following the pats game, they've got a bye, and then they face kc at home. assuming for a second that they beat the pats, they could easily be 5-4 going into SD. i assume they'll lose that game, but then they get carolina at home in what will probably be lousy weather. win that, and they're 6-5. then they're on the road at miami, which is very tough but not impossible. then they have 2 home games - the pats and the broncos. the broncos game will be a night game, and i'm guessing the weather will be godawful. they close against cincy and the jets. they've had their way against cincy for 6 or 7 games in a row, so i do think they match up pretty well against them. they also match up decently against the jets, having dominated them 2 games in a row.

in a nutshell, if the bill beat the pats, 9-7 is definitely within the realm of possibility.

how can they beat the pats? they'll need some luck in the form of turnovers and good returns, but if there are two things this team is good it, it's those things. and lets hope they can run it down new england's throat, giving it to mcgahee 30 or so times. the one downside is that the pats are extremely susceptible deep, but holcomb can't throw it deep with any accuracy or power. in fact, these last couple of games i've really learned the value of arm strength (i sort of always took it for granted).

by the way, if mike williams is reasonably healthy by sunday night, i do like our run game chances. if we can run, we've certainly got a chance. holcomb cannot turn the ball over, however. his last game in foxborough wasn't good - he was 15-25 for 115 yards and 1 int in a 9-3 loss to NE (in mid 2003).

im sorry to say but im afraid to watch this game

485097[/snapback]

Heh,,,,me too...

Here's the thing - if we beat the Pats (and it's a pretty big IF), great...But, frankly I don't give a rat's ass if we do or not - I'm more concerned with making it to the playoffs. I feel as a patient fan waiting for 7 years now and counting - I am entitled. There's nothing in the play of the team right now that makes me feel like it's gonna happen...

Charles

IF they beat NE, they have an excellent chance to win the division as they will probably go 6-0 in the division (assuming they beat NE this week) and 8-8 suddenly becomes possible for winning the division. Unfortunately, based upon what I have seen to this point, I do not see the team beating NE.

Up until the Raiders game, I thought the team had an outside shot at a playoff birth. I thought with an injured Randy Moss, the Bills would be able to concentrate on stopping Jordan and that the Bills could win the game. I was definitely wrong about the 2nd 2, and it looks like I was wrong about the 1st one as well. The one saving grace is that up until now they haven't lost in their division.

Buffalo historically does not play well in road night games. In the rare road night game they do play well, they still usually find ways to lose (the "just give it to them game" in Foxboro being a prime example). This team has found ways to lose all 3 road games so far. I hope I am wrong (boy do I hope I am wrong), but I just simply do not see the team getting it done at Foxboro this Sunday night.

IF they beat NE, they have an excellent chance to win the division as they will probably go 6-0 in the division (assuming they beat NE this week) and 8-8 suddenly becomes possible for winning the division.  Unfortunately, based upon what I have seen to this point, I do not see the team beating NE. 

Up until the Raiders game, I thought the team had an outside shot at a playoff birth.  I thought with an injured Randy Moss, the Bills would be able to concentrate on stopping Jordan and that the Bills could win the game.  I was definitely wrong about the 2nd 2, and it looks like I was wrong about the 1st one as well.  The one saving grace is that up until now they haven't lost in their division.

Buffalo historically does not play well in road night games.  In the rare road night game they do play well, they still usually find ways to lose (the "just give it to them game" in Foxboro being a prime example).  This team has found ways to lose all 3 road games so far.  I hope I am wrong (boy do I hope I am wrong), but I just simply do not see the team getting it done at Foxboro this Sunday night.

485121[/snapback]

the thing to remember is that anything can happen. the bills could return the opening kick for a touchdown. brady could get knocked out with a concussion. the pats could fumble three times. the weather could be horrible, destroying each team's passing game. weird upsets happen all the time in the nfl.

I hate to say it but the Bills have a better chance of going 3-13 than 9-7. The Pats will win this one by at least three TDs. The only way the Bills are reasonably close are if they score both a ST TD and a defensive TD. And they still will lose. It really bothers me to say it, but they are toast.

I'll eat a dirty pair of someone's underwear if the Bills beat the Pats.

485236[/snapback]

I know the odds are heavily in your favor but MY GOD man!

There is always the possiblity that come next Monday you'll be staring down the wrong side of skid marks....... ;)

Here's to an entertaining Monday with Kasper13 doing the dirty....

I feel as a patient fan waiting for 7 years now and counting - I am entitled.

485104[/snapback]

you've only suffered 7 years?

I'll eat a dirty pair of someone's underwear if the Bills beat the Pats.

485236[/snapback]

i'm going to see if any bums threw their underwear out in downtown rochester and save it in a biohazard container for you

it'll probably sit in that container and rot for years though because there ain't no way in hell we're beating the pats

;)

485106[/snapback]

:P

Well., I'm fairly new to the Bills - became a fan during the 90s - I count the counting at the end of the Wade/Butler area...not that we didn't suffer before that - but it's been pretty acute the last 7.

Charles

the thing to remember is that anything can happen. the bills could return the opening kick for a touchdown. brady could get knocked out with a concussion. the pats could fumble three times. the weather could be horrible, destroying each team's passing game.  weird upsets happen all the time in the nfl.

485212[/snapback]

Bruschi could play qb for the pats and as long as they give it to Dillon 20 times they will win. ;)

they'll be 4-4 overall, 3-0 in the division, and 4-1 in the conference. following the pats game, they've got a bye, and then they face kc at home. assuming for a second that they beat the pats, they could easily be 5-4 going into SD. i assume they'll lose that game, but then they get carolina at home in what will probably be lousy weather. win that, and they're 6-5.  then they're on the road at miami, which is very tough but not impossible.  then they have 2 home games - the pats and the broncos.  the broncos game will be a night game, and i'm guessing the weather will be godawful.  they close against cincy and the jets. they've had their way against cincy for 6 or 7 games in a row, so i do think they match up pretty well against them. they also match up decently against the jets, having dominated them 2 games in a row.

in a nutshell, if the bill beat the pats, 9-7 is definitely within the realm of possibility.

485081[/snapback]

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see something similar to the above come to fruition.

Of course, this has nothing to do with how good (or bad) I think the Bills are, it has to do with what would be the worst possible scenario for the Bills this year. In the past five years I’ve come to expect the worst for the Bills and, for the most part, they've obliged. The Bills hanging around the playoff picture all year only to not qualify pretty much hits the worst possible scenario thing on the head. JP doesn’t get to develop, we get a lower draft pick and not enough gets done in the off season to push this team over the playoff hump because we were “almost there”.

they'll be 4-4 overall, 3-0 in the division, and 4-1 in the conference. following the pats game, they've got a bye, and then they face kc at home. assuming for a second that they beat the pats, they could easily be 5-4 going into SD. i assume they'll lose that game, but then they get carolina at home in what will probably be lousy weather. win that, and they're 6-5.  then they're on the road at miami, which is very tough but not impossible.  then they have 2 home games - the pats and the broncos.  the broncos game will be a night game, and i'm guessing the weather will be godawful.  they close against cincy and the jets. they've had their way against cincy for 6 or 7 games in a row, so i do think they match up pretty well against them. they also match up decently against the jets, having dominated them 2 games in a row.

So, suspending all reality for a moment and assuming they beat the Pats, how does that translate to the rest of the schedule? "Easily" beat KC? With Holmes and Johnson? And why would potentially bad weather help against a running team like Carolina, or against Denver? And somehow I don't think the past six years are going to matter much to this year's Bengals team.

The Bills will not face another team that is worse than they are, and only the Jets and Miami are as bad. Unless something drastic changes, there is no way in hell this team wins six more games.

I think there is a very good chance we win- the Patriots aren't too good, and losing their defensive and offensive masterminds hurt them a lot- it won't be easy, but its more than possible that we win.

I wish Bruschi would retire- something very bad could happen to him. I hope it doesnt, but it is reason for concern