Open Up Offense & Close Down Defense

Max Fischer

I have no more answers than anyone else but my gut tells me:

1. Put JP in, give him the keys and tell him to have a good time. Let JP play the sandlot style he appears suited. The line will not get better this year, may as well have a QB that will make them think. If JP wants to and can run 15 times a game, let him. Lots of rollouts, deep balls and improvised play. Go three and four wide and dump the TE until Everett plays. It's not like the Bills will take the ball out of Willis' hands anymore than they do already and perhaps, just maybe, the opposing D won't salivate on the pass rush and key on the run if JP is running wild in the backfield.

2. Tighten up the Defense. Don't blitz every down. Play zone and disciplined sets. It mean less of a pass rush, who would notice the difference, at least there'd be more players in coverage instead of the usual one on one play. Moreover, it means playing the run more conservatively. That's where were losing anyway.

Were not going to win many more games with the current plans. Let JP learn and help the offense stay in the game instead of trying to win the game on every down.