Drafting Roscoe Parrish

Frez

Did it make a lot of sense drafting Roscoe Parrish with our 1st pick in the draft? Drafting a small WR/KR when we knew we needed help on the OL and DL really don't make a lot of sense to me.

Was it correct for Tom Donahoe to draft a tweener with out first pick in the draft?

484821[/snapback]

It made a lot of sense since all of the top O-Linemen and D-Linemen were off the board when the Bills picked in the second round...rather then REACH for the next best at that position we picked Parrish who had an outstanding camp before injuring himself...remember small receivers like Steve Smith and Santana Moss have been lighting it up this season!

It made a lot of sense since all of the top O-Linemen and D-Linemen were off the board when the Bills picked in the second round...rather then REACH for the next best at that position we picked Parrish who had an outstanding camp before injuring himself...remember small receivers like Steve Smith and Santana Moss have been lighting it up this season!

485318[/snapback]

So?

When your OL got shoved around in the previous season, what's wrong with a "reach"? ;)

So?

When your OL got shoved around in the previous season, what's wrong with a "reach"? ;)

485331[/snapback]

Why Draft another lineman that would have been pushed around as well???

Once Parrish is 100% there won't even be a question of why we drafted him.

Why Draft another lineman that would have been pushed around as well???

Once Parrish is 100% there won't even be a question of why we drafted him.

485337[/snapback]

My point is we have greater needs in the trenches. This game is won and lost within them trenches. Until we address this in the offseason we will be 7-9 forever. Draftinf OL and DL in the 6th and 7th rounds doesn't get it done with Tom Donahoe.

Heck I don't know, but from what I have seen in the games we lost this is the most area of need for us. I feel sorry for whoever tries to QB this team without a decent O line. Kelly Holcomb took a pounding yesterday.

Would have to go back and see who was available at DL or OL.  We needed a 3rd WR at that time so I wouldn't criticize that pick.

484969[/snapback]

says who??

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=275678

here is my thoughts on how we should have handled the pick.......

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=315915

I have NO problem with the drafting of Roscoe Parrish at that pick.....

- At that point and time Josh Reed had looked like an absolute bust....and I am not sure we out of the woods yet with him......Parrish is a playmaker that can really take advantage of the middle of the field with his quickness....and JPL needs weapons.

- I dont have a problem with the 2nd pick either.  Everett looks like a real weapon as a TE and we have not had that for quite a while.  Once again...our young QB needs guys who can get open.

THE PROBLEM IS MIKE WILLIAMS.....this guy ties up so much of our cap that we cant make the line better through free agency....and in my philosophy if you are not going to draft solid OL then you need to get them through FA.....

It is my sincere hope that this next offseason we do take care of this need....I like Preston at Center.....Gandy has a place on our line.....I dont hate Chris V. even though there is something wrong with him that nobody is talking about....

485045[/snapback]

J-

I am gooing to go back to that draft and check and see who were the OL and DL players we passed on to pick Parrish because the thought that we should have looked to fill the clear needs there makes no sense without someone saying who we should have picked instead. If Duke Preston was the highest OL guy on the Bills board then picking Parrish makes perfect sense as the Bills got Preston anyway. The only suggestion I seen in this thread was Adam Terry and I will check on him and other ideas.

Regarding Mike Williams the same thing is true. This was a mistake only i there is someone else specifically you suggest we should have picked.

McKinnie was available when we chose Williams but he has all the signs of being a bigger bust than Williams. Are you advocating that we should have picked him?

Maybe you are advocating that we should have passed on LT altogether and picked someone else. In hindsight I am sure that is true, but the Bills had devoted far too little attenition to taking the big draft risk on OL or too long and I can't see anyone advocating we take a run at some other position than getting an OL player. Mike Williams (like 50% of all 1st rounders did not work out, but it is hard to fault the Bills for trying even if one can corrctly fault them for being human.

The other option is that one can advocate the Bills should have traded down and picked up an LT at #20 or so. That is correct, but it takes two to deal and if what was required to trade down was of limited value or a giveaway I would not advocate that the Bills had done that.

So I like everyone else agrees that MW was a bad pick who has not worked out, but so what who should be credibly have pickeed instead.

That is very odd. The two people we hated the most in the offseason are seemingly our two best players right now. I'm so confused... so very confused.

484878[/snapback]

I did not hate* either player but I was disappointed in both of them. Glad both are doing well after offseason work with experts but they should have done it season before.

* Hate results in beatings from R. Rich who may not have Santa's red suit and nose but does have his size, laugh and hits like Santa's reindeers.

Did it make a lot of sense drafting Roscoe Parrish with our 1st pick in the draft? Drafting a small WR/KR when we knew we needed help on the OL and DL really don't make a lot of sense to me.

Was it correct for Tom Donahoe to draft a tweener with out first pick in the draft?

484821[/snapback]

3 wide outs, what the !@#$ . they all can go deep . to bad they do not understand what deep is , 15 yards is deep in the short passing game . ;)

484821[/snapback]

It's a long term future Pick. Perhaps signaling the release of Moulds after this season or the next. The skill players of the future: Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, Kevin Everett. This draft expect to see the Bills draft for the trenches with the depth at the skill positions. However if we lose Nate Clements to FA, we'll take a corner rd. 1.

484821[/snapback]

Draft for positional need, even if the player's grade doesn't warrent it, and you get Eric Flowers. Nuff' said.

Draft for positional need, even if the player's grade doesn't warrent it, and you get Eric Flowers.  Nuff' said.

485529[/snapback]

The problem wasn't drafted for need it was drafting Flowers. As Darren Howard by most accounts rated as a better talent but the Bills instead took Flowers, the rest as they say is history.