you guys remember Dan Duquette?

I think that was his name, he was the GM for the Red Sox who got fired and was replaced by Theo Epstein. Anyway, he was a pretty good GM who brought in the corner stones of the franchise, but still the Sox didn't enjoy too much success....he then got canned, and was replaced by new blood, Theo Epstein....Epstein took the existing club, and with brilliance added some key players and BAM! just like that a contender..Everyone forgot the important players Dan brought in to set the stage

I see a similar pattern in Buffalo...TD has brought us the key players, but we havn't experienced success....it may just take a smart young GM to come here and somehow make this thing work with what's here, and add to whats missing

I think that was his name, he was the GM for the Red Sox who got fired and was replaced by Theo Epstein. Anyway, he was a pretty good GM who brought in the corner stones of the franchise, but still the Sox didn't enjoy too much success....he then got canned, and was replaced by new blood, Theo Epstein....Epstein took the existing club, and with brilliance added some key players and BAM! just like that a contender..Everyone forgot the important players Dan brought in to set the stage

I  see a similar pattern in Buffalo...TD has brought us the key players, but we havn't experienced success....it may just take a smart young GM to come here and somehow make this thing work with what's here, and add to whats missing

484455[/snapback]

That's not entirely true. Duquette gets credit for bringing in Manny Ramierez, but he paid so much for him, the Sox have tried to dump him the last 3 offseasons. Epstein and the new regime were the guys who signed the key free agents and traded the untouchale Nomar.

PTR

I  see a similar pattern in Buffalo...TD has brought us the key players, but we havn't experienced success....it may just take a smart young GM to come here and somehow make this thing work with what's here, and add to whats missing

484455[/snapback]

Well there is NO question the Bills Need a entirely New approach at Talent evaluation...But I think you are, as some others are on this Board, over-evaluating the current Talent...

Based on Age, Ability, Cap Value etc...Who is really worth keeping on this Roster? Willis, McGee, Clements, Evans, TKO (assuming he returns to form), Moorman, JP (only because we really don't know for sure yet), and a slew of Young Guys who are Good Special Teamers?...That's about it...And that is not much...

If any GM came in here and turned this Team around in a Year I personally would be shocked...And he would hands down be the GM of the Year in the NFL...

That's not entirely true.  Duquette gets credit for bringing in Manny Ramierez, but he paid so much for him, the Sox have tried to dump him the last 3 offseasons.  Epstein and the new regime were the guys who signed the key free agents and traded the untouchale Nomar.

PTR

484687[/snapback]

Duquette also gets credit for bringing in some bum named Ortiz.