The Most Disgusting Run Defense Ever

I believe we need to play defense like the Seahawks did against Houston last Sunday Night. They had eight in the box and stuffed the run. Everything was bunched up tight to the line.

Yes, I know we'd get beat for some big pass plays, but I'd rather get beat that way at this point. Yeah, we need to get beat a different way, this way isn't fun anymore. . .

484292[/snapback]

ya but does gray know that?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he is over the hill and sucks in Minnesota.....Too put so much

dollar against thte salary cap for a player beyond his good years would have

been suicide...

You would want your younger players to step up and that is where the

coaching would have helped.....

484633[/snapback]

He sucks in Minnesota??? Do you even know what you are talking about?

From the Star-Tribune two weeks ago:

The Vikings might be tempted to stick with this simply because of the success Pat Williams had going against Bears center Olin Kreutz, a four-time Pro Bowl selection. Williams finished tied for the team lead with seven tackles and also forced a fumble.

"He had a great game," Cottrell said.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5676989.html

and next we'll Corey Dillon will pwn us

485401[/snapback]

Well, Dillion does fit in with the rest of the RBs that have owned us this year. Many of them were "struggling" in the games preceding the Bills game. Of course, our D is a magical elixir for struggling RBs. It turns them into LT for a game.

Exactly.  Since the Bills O is just as bad as the D, the Chargers will be up by about 4 scores by the time LT gets to 200 yards in the 3Q, so they'll sit him down for the rest of the game.

484805[/snapback]

Yes, pulling him may be the way he doesn't get the rushing record. But, if it's semi-close. . . Oh, dear, watch out! It's record-breaking time!

He sucks in Minnesota??? Do you even know what you are talking about?

From the Star-Tribune two weeks ago:

The Vikings might be tempted to stick with this simply because of the success Pat Williams had going against Bears center Olin Kreutz, a four-time Pro Bowl selection. Williams finished tied for the team lead with seven tackles and also forced a fumble.

"He had a great game," Cottrell said.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5676989.html

484985[/snapback]

I wasn't sure about that one, either. Pat has been one of the few big money acquisitions the Vikes made that has played well so far (hear that, Fred Smoot?).

I think you are dead on correct and have been saying so for a while now...And it's not necesarily just Pat, rathers it's what Pat/Sam gave you in the Middle on Base Downs...

The Bills could have found a way to Re-Sign Pat. The truth is they believed they had the talent in House to replace him...Needless to say they were mistaken...

484792[/snapback]

The Bills prowess in run defense was greatly exaggerated. When they played NE with Corey Dillon, KC with Priest Holmes or Pittsburgh with anyone, they not only were controlled, but absolutely dominated. That doesn't happen to a great defense. Pat Williams is no doubt missed against bad teams like the Raiders, but having two one-gap DT's like Williams and Adams wasn't what this team needed going forward. It badly needed a big NT type alongside Adams to free up the other 3 lineman. If they had filled that void, it would have greatly covered up the shortcomings of the LB's and safeties.