The Most Disgusting Run Defense Ever

I'm licking my chops in fantasy football next week because I own Corey Dillon. He should go for about 140 yds and 2 TDs. I mean hell, every other RB that's faced these jokers explodes for their career or season best game.

What is going on here? Why don't they put 8 in the box and take their chances with the CBs? They are going to give up tremendous yardage on the ground unless they at least attempt this. At least we wouldn't have to bear watching big run after big run, by every freaking RB they play.

I'm sorry, I've always been in TDs corner, but this is it for me. They have NO depth at all on either line, not to mention the starters are pigs. He simply cannot build a team that can put it all together. Every year, when we think we've got some problem fixed, another one rears its ugly head. It's like trying to plug leaks by putting your fingers in them, but you run out of fingers at 10, and the leaks keep on coming.

This team isn't going anywhere this year. Get JP some playing time NOW.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no line. And if we did, DB would still be here. I think the Pats will have 2 RB go for 100 yards each. Tom might get himself a cool 50 w/o breaking a sweat.

It's time to start releasing players and send some messages right now before it's too damned late.

I'm licking my chops in fantasy football next week because I own Corey Dillon. He should go for about 140 yds and 2 TDs. I mean hell, every other RB that's faced these jokers explodes for their career or season best game.

What is going on here? Why don't they put 8 in the box and take their chances with the CBs? They are going to give up tremendous yardage on the ground unless they at least attempt this. At least we wouldn't have to bear watching big run after big run, by every freaking RB they play.

I'm sorry, I've always been in TDs corner, but this is it for me. They have NO depth at all on either line, not to mention the starters are pigs. He simply cannot build a team that can put it all together. Every year, when we think we've got some problem fixed, another one rears its ugly head. It's like trying to plug leaks by putting your fingers in them, but you run out of fingers at 10, and the leaks keep on coming.

484246[/snapback]

Yeah, I watched a 3rd and long play where Grey had 3 down linemen and basically went after Collings with a blitz that left the middle of the field wide open for 20 yards. The linebacker that would have been in Jordan's path ran around their right TE and was 7 yards deep into the Raiders backfield before he realized that Jordan had run the ball 14 yards to pick up the first down.

Grey is killing us with his blitzes - plain and simple. They are predictable, and they leave us defenseless against the run.

I believe we need to play defense like the Seahawks did against Houston last Sunday Night. They had eight in the box and stuffed the run. Everything was bunched up tight to the line.

Yes, I know we'd get beat for some big pass plays, but I'd rather get beat that way at this point. Yeah, we need to get beat a different way, this way isn't fun anymore. . .

Yeah, I watched a 3rd and long play where Grey had 3 down linemen and basically went after Collings with a blitz that left the middle of the field wide open for 20 yards. The linebacker that would have been in Jordan's path ran around their right TE and was 7 yards deep into the Raiders backfield before he realized that Jordan had run the ball 14 yards to pick up the first down.

Grey is killing us with his blitzes - plain and simple. They are predictable, and they leave us defenseless against the run.

484288[/snapback]

Well clearly, Sam is a decent run stuffer but I don't think we have anyone else. The plan is simple with teams against our run defense. Double team Sam Adams and leave others one on one. It can be painful to watch at times.

Well clearly, Sam is a decent run stuffer but I don't think we have anyone else.  The plan is simple with teams against our run defense.  Double team Sam Adams and leave others one on one.  It can be painful to watch at times.

484293[/snapback]

Yeah, I am not ready to give up on Sam Adams. He still tries to bring it every game. Alone, he is just not enough. They double-team him and there is no push up the middle so even if we wrap up their running back, it isn't until he has made 5 or 6 or 40 yards. It is painful to watch. Neither Edwards or Anderson is the answer. Anderson has some potential, but he is probably 2 years away from hitting his stride as a defensive tackle which is probably saying that he could be simply average.

I am pretty much just fuming tonight. I am tired of watching our good players go because we say we can't afford to keep them, yet we sign high-priced veterans like Milloy and Vincent who have yet to justify thier saleries.

Baffling personnel moves and play calling has my mood in the toilet right now.

Sorry if I drag the rest of you down with me it is not intentional. I'm just pissed.

Worst Lb's in the league. They can't take on the blocks and find the the ball carrier at all. We need a stud in there.

484388[/snapback]

Yes. I was watching something on ESPN breaking down the Bills lack of run defense. It appeared London Fletcher was the prime culprit. He cannot shed any blocks. He is always chasing, but puts up nothing at the point of attack (or impact with a blocker).

Yes. I was watching something on ESPN breaking down the Bills lack of run defense. It appeared London Fletcher was the prime culprit. He cannot shed any blocks. He is always chasing, but puts up nothing at the point of attack (or impact with a blocker).

484547[/snapback]

i have been saying this since we signed him. that guy is OVERRATED!

i have been saying this since we signed him.  that guy is OVERRATED!

484555[/snapback]

No, that doesn't make him overrated. He's always been small and quick, and requires a good set of DT's in front of him. He's a diffent type of MLB, as opposed to one who CAN take on blocks but doesn't have the range to go sideline to sideline.

484246[/snapback]

I would have preferred "Worst. Run Defense. Ever." as the title of this thread. :lol:

Bills play IN San Diego. . .  with the season he's having (except for yesterday) L.T. will eclipse the record of 295 yards rushing in that game if they don't pull him. Just a pleasant thought to start your work week.

484585[/snapback]

word

484288[/snapback]

If only we could get consistent pressure w/out having to blitz...

you make a good point- he definitely has range. running 30 yards to do the lambeau leap after making a routine tackle on 3rd down definitely proved that. :lol:

so it must not be him- i guess it's that whole "stopping the run" part of linebacking that is overrated.