I'm Not Ready...

buckeyemike

just plain and simple we SUCK there is no hope that this team can put it all together and win big any time soon . . . put jp back in and let the kid learn . i still hope we can go 12 - 4 this season . i just do not see it with the run D that we have or the second half lack of O .

just plain and simple we SUCK there is no hope that this team can put it all together and win big any time soon . . . put jp back in and let the kid learn .  i still hope we can go 12 - 4 this season . i just do not see it with the run D that we have or the second half  lack of O .

484395[/snapback]

I guess I "hope" we go 12-4 this season but I'm a realist and think three more wins is reasonable. :lol:

They are still in contention for the division title, with the season not yet half over.  If they lose badly next week, then it may be time to put JP in and ride it out the rest of the way. 

Mike

484103[/snapback]

Yes they are still in contention. IMO it's not time to give up on the season. Every week, there are some teams that get slaughtered in the stat columns, but won. Teams that ran up and down the field all game long, but lost.

A db slips. A qb is off by 5 inches and it's an interception. An OL who missed his block but then just chips another defender and his rb breaks free for a 1st down.

Certainly they have a tough schedule ahead. And the play calling is dubious - but that's not limited to Buffalo. Cincy's OC Bob Bratkowski very uncharacteristically abandoned the run in the 2nd half of their game with PGH while they were still in the game and Rudi Johnson getting 5 yards a pop.

I only got to watch the first half today, but it sounds like the second half was a real abomination.

The Bills simply got outplayed today by a desperate Oakland team at home, plain and simple.  The OL couldn't open any holes for McGahee and the play on 4th and Goal I thought was a clever one.  It was not executed well at all.

Holcomb is playing fairly well, but he seems hamstrung.  He has never been able to throw downfield very well, and that's why you didn't see it today. 

I saw guys like London Fletcher play their hearts out, but once again, it just wasn't enough.  The Raider receivers seemed to have a step on the Bills in the first half.  The defense really misses Takeo (that might be the understatement of the year).

Lindell might well be the MVP on this team right now. 

Hey, they're 3-4, going up against a wounded Patriot team on national TV next week.  One that gets Bruschi back, I know, but we have no idea how well he'll play.  The guy did have a stroke, after all.

They are still in contention for the division title, with the season not yet half over.  If they lose badly next week, then it may be time to put JP in and ride it out the rest of the way. 

I will reevaluate next Monday.

Mike

484103[/snapback]

Ultimately the Shelton play cost us, at most, 4 points and we lost 38 to 17 so I don't think it really mattered. The complete inability to stop Oakland's passing or running game was apparent from the second quarter on.

Given how we played against a 1-4 team leaves me very little confidence, zero actually, that we have much of a chance against NE on the road especially after BB has had two weeks to prepare. It is a gut check game. If this team really is a contender and not a total fraud, they need to prove it next week despite all the reasons there are to believe they don't stand a chance. There is a big difference between being "in contention" and "not mathematically elimenated". We will see which kind of team we are next week.