Some hard to swallow facts/opinions

Some hard to swallow facts/opinions:

1) Jerry Gray is seriously, seriously overrated. His schemes are AWFUL. The only thing he's capable of is throwing out as many blitzes as you possibly can. Half the time when we DO blitz, we rarely get penetration. Pathetic.

2) Our coaching staff try to outsmart their opponents but often outsmart themselves in the most crucial of moments. See 4th and 1, Shelton carries for no gain.

3) NO PASSES OVER 15 YARDS. What era of football are we in? Someone remind the coaching staff, or Tom Clements, or Kelly Holcomb (whoever is responsible) that in order to win a game, or have a chance to keep your offense going that you must ATTEMPT to throw the ball beyond 15 yards. Considering their top corner was INJURED AND OUT along with another defensive back (presumably another starter) we'd have opportunities to throw downfield (draw a flag, make a play, ANYTHING!!) and do something.

4) Our defensive line is one of the worst in the league. Period. The only kind of sacks we get are garbage ones that any high motored white guy could get. Why was our best guy on that line, Sam Adams, out half the time? Too out of shape? Lack of "maintaining his gap"? The best defensive lineman we've had in the TD-ERA was a left over from the Butler Era and his name was Pat Williams.

5) There is no point in continuing to start Kelly "Dink and Dunk" Holcomb. It's a tough business and I feel bad for the guy because it's not entirely his fault but we have to develop JP because this team has proved it's not a playoff team at all. It was nice getting 2 wins at home against Vinny T and Gus Ferrotte but back to reality we are. If we can't beat the 1-4 Raiders (now 2-4, of course) on the road, then who can we beat? Will New England be any easier? hehe. Just wait until we get to the Chargers, Chiefs, Panthers, Broncos and more.

6) I seriously question the decision to punt when we were down by 2 touchdowns, with less than 7 minutes to go. Then we get an offside penalty in our favor and have a better chance of converting and we still punt. Did MM realistically expect our Defense to get some sort of turnover the way we were getting schooled? What a joke. What was the result? The Raiders ran up the rest of the clock and scored another touchdown.

I could think of more but I'm done. Just needed to vent.