Going nowhere, but why?

jahnyc

Going into the season, I thought we had enough talent to be competitive. What is the problem?

1. I have my doubts about the coaching. I don't see MM as a brilliant strategist or master motivator. Our defense, even with the loss of Spike and Williams, should be playing better with the overall level of talent. Are guys such as Vincent, Milloy, Fletcher and Adams over the hill? Is that part of the problem?

2. I like KH, but he can't seem to throw a pass for more than 15 yards. I guess JP will get to play later in the season, but is he the answer? I don't want to waste next year trying to figure that out.

3. Why didn't we sign any significant free agents in the off-season? Our o-line and d-line have played poorly. Does the defense miss Pat Williams that much, or is something else going on?

4. We need to hold on to Clements and McGee. They are young and talented. They also play a key position. A bad game today, but they have both been very good overall during the season and on special teams. Can't continue to let talent leave, particularly if the team is not going to sign any free agents.

5. We all knew the weaknesses going into the season (dt, oline, qb). They were obvious and have been exploited.