Even Mullarkey lacks faith in offense

:41sec left with one time out...ball on your own 35...30yds puts you in FG range...scoring 3 points would give you some momentum, especially since Oakland gets the ball at the start of the 2nd half. So what does the OC call? Draw play out of the shotgun...then run for the locker room!

This is the stuff that makes me scratch my head! Do you have so little faith in your team? WTF are you worried about? Holcomb throwing a pick? I thought he was the seasoned veteran?

To me this was the white flag! We told Oakland that we know we suck.

PTR

:41sec left with one time out...ball on your own 35...30yds puts you in FG range...scoring 3 points would give you some momentum, especially since Oakland gets the ball at the start of the 2nd half.  So what does the OC call?  Draw play out of the shotgun...then run for the locker room!

This is the stuff that makes me scratch my head!  Do you have so little faith in your team?  WTF are you worried about?  Holcomb throwing a k  I thought he was the seasoned veteran?

To me this was the white flag!  We told Oakland that we know we suck.

PTR

483836[/snapback]

He knows Oakland is in a dime with 3 DB's protecting the deep ball. So they call up a draw to see if we can get a back loose in the second level. If he picks up 10-15 yrds you get up to the LOS scrimmage and spike it and then take a couple shots trying to get into FG range. If the play goes nowhere, you let the half run out so you don't have to punt from your own end.

It's a routine way to close a half with less than a minute left and the ball in your end, nothing head-scratching about it.

He knows Oakland is in a dime with 3 DB's protecting the deep ball. So they call up a draw to see if we can get a back loose in the second level. If he picks up 10-15 yrds you get up to the LOS scrimmage and spike it and then take a couple shots trying to get into FG range. If the play goes nowhere, you let the half run out so you don't have to punt from your own end.

It's a routine way to close a half with less than a minute left and the ball in your end, nothing head-scratching about it.

483845[/snapback]

Correct.

483845[/snapback]

To me it's throwing in the towel. It shows a total lack of confidence. Play to win.

PTR

483845[/snapback]

That's a much more plausible strategy on the 20, not from the 35. If you have to punt you have to punt - it's not like they're going to get the ball back at midfield.

There's no way in hell the Patriots wouldn't take a shot in that spot.

483845[/snapback]

I could understand if Mularkey had the lead and sat on the ball. The last thing you want is something crazy to happen and have a big momentum swing going into the locker room. The guy was down by 7 though, Simon is dead nuts on.