I'm usually not one to love the flashy guy

Corp000085

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...SPGOKFCEK31.DTL

Also on TBD...

Mcgahee basically states that he knows LT has better stats than him, but still says "I'm the best, case closed". Say what you want about his Big Wiggle (old WCW marks will know what i mean) and his stupid "i'm back" tattoo, but this guy is the real deal and he has backed up everything he's said and done so far. It's one thing to talk the talk, but its another to walk the walk. If you can read this message (it's been encrypted from former UM players using proper english grammar, spelling, and syntax), happy birthday and go kick some butt tomorrow.

Also on TBD...

Mcgahee basically states that he knows LT has better stats than him, but still says "I'm the best, case closed".  Say what you want about his Big Wiggle (old WCW marks will know what i mean) and his stupid "i'm back" tattoo, but this guy is the real deal and he has backed up everything he's said and done so far.  It's one thing to talk the talk, but its another to walk the walk.  If you can read this message (it's been encrypted from former UM players using proper english grammar, spelling, and syntax), happy birthday and go kick some butt tomorrow.

482571[/snapback]

personally, i wish he'd just shut up and let his play do his talking for him. it's not like no one will notice if he keeps playing well.

I don't particularly like grandstanding, however if the dude backs it up on the field, i could care less...

Sorta like the polar opposites of Bruce Smith (HOF candidate for grandstanding and play), and Kent Hull (HOF candidate for play and for being annonymous). I loved both of them equally. They both did their jobs above and beyond what was called for. I'll take a drunk, loudmouth, jerk, crybaby, 200 sack Bruce Smith over a lunchbucket ryan denny anyday, just like i'd take a loudmouth, dancing 150yard per game willis mcgahee over a nondescript deuce mcallister anyday.

Sorry, but that kind of talk usually will back firer on a player. He needs to shut up and play. I can remember well when Bruce Smith and Thurman would start with their "I'm the best" whining and crying only to go out the next week and forget your helmet. It's a ploy for $$. Just like when Bruce (Who was always crying for more money)said stuff like that it's sending a message to the GM that I'm the best at my position so your going to have to pay me the highest.

I don't particularly like grandstanding, however if the dude backs it up on the field, i could care less... 

Sorta like the polar opposites of Bruce Smith (HOF candidate for grandstanding and play), and Kent Hull (HOF candidate for play and for being annonymous).  I loved both of them equally.  They both did their jobs above and beyond what was called for.  I'll take a drunk, loudmouth, jerk, crybaby, 200 sack Bruce Smith over a lunchbucket ryan denny anyday, just like i'd take a loudmouth, dancing 150yard per game willis mcgahee over a nondescript deuce mcallister anyday.

482600[/snapback]

I'd take a nondescript big time RB over a loudmouth punka** any day.

But, enough of the Fantasy NFL.

I'd take a nondescript big time RB over a loudmouth punka** any day. 

But, enough of the Fantasy NFL.

482604[/snapback]

yeah, well, barry sanders cannot play anymore, so wake up. I'd take a non descript guy anyday. give me 53 kent hulls and steve taskers and i'll show you a championship. I just hope that willis shows up tomorrow. This "i'm the best" stuff only works if you can run with the big dogs.

LT is definitly in a class of his own, but I love having Mcgahee on the Bills. He was my favorite college running back, and currently my favorite member of the bills next to Nate Clements and Takeo Spikes. I think Mcgahee potentially can make a great case for himself, but for now I hope they just keep giving him the ball. Regardless of who thinks they're the best or not the bills best chance to win is to keep giving willis the rock.

Also on TBD...

Mcgahee basically states that he knows LT has better stats than him, but still says "I'm the best, case closed". 

482571[/snapback]

Well in the same vein ........ I guess that even if other teams defenses have better stats that the Bills defense is the best the NFL has ever seen .........

BS!!!!!! .......... in football stats are god ....... and at this point Mcgahee doesn't even warrent a mention in the same sentence as LT ...... as a bills fan I hope that he gets to the point where we can talk about him as one of the all time greats ..... but at this particular time he just needs to shut up and play.

Well in the same vein ........ I guess that even if other teams defenses have better stats that the Bills defense is the best the NFL has ever seen .........

BS!!!!!! .......... in football stats are god ....... and at this point Mcgahee doesn't even warrent a mention in the same sentence as LT ...... as a bills fan I hope that he gets to the point where we can talk about him as one of the all time greats ..... but at this particular time he just needs to shut up and play.

482658[/snapback]

Willis should shut up, he is not even in the same realm as Ladanian. More posturing for a new deal, that's all it is. He has been good, not even close to great this year.

Well lets see. The last time someone on our team opened their collective mouths to proclaim they were the best they proceded to descend into defensive suckness. I like WM but he should shut his yapper, get off that stupid horse, and just play hard. Just hand the ball to the ref, that says a helluva lot more than his proclamations.

You don't see even the most annoying Patriots players talking crap like this. All they have to show for it are 3 superbowl rings.

RTB

Willis should shut up, he is not even in the same realm as Ladanian.  More posturing for a new deal, that's all it is.  He has been good, not even close to great this year.

482806[/snapback]

If the measure of greatness is defined as being comparable to LT, Then no one in the league is great. And I don't know what your personal measuring stick of greatness is, but Mcgahee has been damn good this season. He doesn't have the benefit of a Drew Breees, or a Matt Hasselbeck, or Peyton Manning to take pressure off him. Mcgahee is our sole bread and butter. He doesn't have the benefit of the 3 guys ahead of him have as far as a passing game goes. Our Offense is Willis or bust.

If the measure of greatness is defined as being comparable to LT, Then no one in the league is great.    And  I don't know what your personal measuring stick of greatness is, but Mcgahee has been damn good this season.  He doesn't have the benefit of a Drew Breees, or a Matt Hasselbeck, or Peyton Manning  to take pressure off him. Mcgahee is our sole bread and butter.  He doesn't have the benefit of the 3 guys ahead of him have as far as a passing game goes.  Our Offense is Willis or bust.

482810[/snapback]

Well, he was downright horrible in one game, and just average in a couple others. He has not been great, and he was the dummy who said he was better than LT.

And FYI, our line was been quite good run blocking this year, there have been some nice holes opened, some that RBs like LT would have taken to the house.

yeah, well, barry sanders cannot play anymore, so wake up.

482607[/snapback]

You don't need Sanders to suit up again to have an example of a nondescript big time RB...the NFL has LT. The guy is the real deal, an all time talent and he does the same thing Barry did when he hits pay-dirt.

Many questioned whether San Diego made the right move in trading away the 1st pick in the draft and not taking Vick. I don't think anybody questions it now. Can anybody argue that Vick is more valuable than LT, even if you don't bring Brees into the equation?