I think this game defines our season

12thman

This is the real test to see where we stand. If we believe this to be a playoff team there is no question we to have to go in there and win, no ifs and buts, it's going to be tough but these are the type of games we need to win. Oakland may be inspired to give it everything it takes to win, we just need to lay a whippin on them.

A loss here would send us to NE in a tough bind with the possibility of being 3-5 at the bye, at that point with the remaing schedule, playoffs would be a huge reach..4-4 i can deal with at worst

Just my thoughts before the upcoming week, this game makes me nervous because its huge in my mind.

As much as I hate Miami, and can't wait to really hate Lou Saban, the announcers at the beginning of the game vs. us commented on something Lou Saban told his team before the game. I'll butcher this, I'm sure, but the essence of it was to have a football player extend his arm and put his hand in front of his face, and tell them "that is as far as you need to look. Deal with what's directly in front of you because that's the only thing you CAN deal with."

I'm fairly certain his reasoning wasn't the reason they lost.

We have a game on Sunday. It's a game we have to win. Forget why. Win the game and when the game is over, then you can worry about what happens the next week in Foxboro on prime time. Next week in Foxboro mean's schitt if you do not win this game.

All ye know and all ye need to know. Go win the game and worry about Foxboro when it's time to worry about Foxboro.

I think we all agree this is a definite must win situation. And it's a bit of a scary game because playing in Oakland is never fun. I think this is a perfect little test for this team; we can find out if we should hold out some hope for this season or if we should not overrate this team yet.

I think we win.

As much as I hate Miami, and can't wait to really hate Lou Saban, the announcers at the beginning of the game vs. us commented on something Lou Saban told his team before the game. I'll butcher this, I'm sure, but the essence of it was to have a football player extend his arm and put his hand in front of his face, and tell them "that is as far as you need to look. Deal with what's directly in front of you because that's the only thing you CAN deal with."

I'm fairly certain his reasoning wasn't the reason they lost.

We have a game on Sunday. It's a game we have to win. Forget why. Win the game and when the game is over, then you can worry about what happens the next week in Foxboro on prime time. Next week in Foxboro mean's schitt if you do not win this game.

All ye know and all ye need to know. Go win the game and worry about Foxboro when it's time to worry about Foxboro.

481713[/snapback]

Nick Saban, my looney friend. :rolleyes:

The weekend weather here in Buffalo is 50's and rain. Looks like a great weekend to watch college and pro football,like most every weekend. :rolleyes:

I agree this game is huge. Another conference win would be great for tie breakers and put the bills in the exact opposite spot from last season. I wouldn't have said it in the offseason, but 9-7 might make the playoffs.

Vey tough win though. The raiders are desperate and at home. My experience is that the desperate team usually wins unless the opposition is clearly better. We'll find out sunday how far this team has come.

I'm sorry ........ but a win against a 1-4 team will NOT define our season .... a loss OTOH may.

This is a game we should win .... all of the west coast, visiting team, rabid raider fans, a "must game" for them, they are due BS is just that ..... a load of cow dung. Good teams win the games that they are supposed to win, if we are in fact a good team we win this game.

In a parity driven league, you can have it both ways...Either every single

game is a defining game....like last year...you could have picked game 1

vs Jax or game 2 vs Oakland or game 16 vs Pittsburgh and a win in any of

those games could have pushed us into the playoffs.....In that sense, every

game is a defining game.....

However with the NFL mediocrity due to parity, we can also be 0-4 after

1/4th of the season and playing on the final sunday still are in a chance to

make the playoffs....In that sense, none of the games were really as

defining moment.....

why not, because they are 1-4..I don't care about their record, we need to show we can win on the road period and for that reason this is a must win.These next 2 games go along way in determining how much longer Holcomb is in. Like you say this is a team we should be expected to beat and should beat if we are a good team. If we can't beat the raiders why should we expect to beat anyone decent on the road. we need momentum going into NE. 3-5 i think bills start thinking about getting Losman back in there.

I'm sorry ........ but a win against a 1-4 team will NOT define our season .... a loss OTOH may.

This is a game we should win .... all of the west coast, visiting team, rabid raider fans, a "must game" for them, they are due BS is just that ..... a load of cow dung. Good teams win the games that they are supposed to win, if we are in fact a good team we win this game.

481859[/snapback]

This is the real test to see where we stand.  If we believe this to be a playoff team there is no question we to have to go in there and win, no ifs and buts, it's going to be tough but these are the type of games we need to win. Oakland may be inspired to give it everything it takes to win, we just need to lay a whippin on them.

A loss here would send us to NE in a tough bind with the possibility of being 3-5 at the bye, at that point with the remaing schedule, playoffs would be a huge reach..4-4 i can deal with at worst

Just my thoughts before the upcoming week, this game makes me nervous because its huge in my mind.

481703[/snapback]

No, this should be a win for us. The NE game is a much better barometer. If we can't win either, then we're just playing for pride the rest of the way. This conference is too tough.

No, this should be a win for us.  The NE game is a much better barometer.  If we can't win either, then we're just playing for pride the rest of the way.  This conference is too tough.

482437[/snapback]

No..We will be playing for the development of Losman....Much more

important than the pride factor.

No..We will be playing for the development of Losman....Much more

important than the pride factor.

482457[/snapback]

You're probably right. Don't care to think about it too much right now, but if The Bills don't pass the test thenext two weeks, we'll probably be seeing JP the rest of the way.

Frankly, I think they're going to pass (figuratively speaking of course). They're going nowhere except on the legs of the horse they rode in on.