Biggest disappointment of the year so far

Simon

Mine is the fact that we haven't knocked out a single QB yet. I had the over/under for opposing QB's carried off the field at 4. It might have dropped to 3.5 had we known we'd be without Takeo, but either way we're still behind the pace. Time to break out the stretchers boys!

Mine is the fact that we haven't knocked out a single QB yet. I had the over/under for opposing QB's carried off the field at 4. It might have dropped to 3.5 had we known we'd be without Takeo, but either way we're still behind the pace. Time to break out the stretchers boys!

481601[/snapback]

Our run D. 158 yards a game and 5.3 ypc against is just pathetic. If this D was halfway decent at stopping the run this team would be a legitimate playoff contender.

I know it came after the fact and after he smoked us, but Ron Mexico missed the next game after BUF.

I'll settle for two to be vs. Brady. And then... hmm.... Plummer. Oh, wait! Jake throws INTs like the day is long. Let's go with Palmer. I never liked his SoCal smugness, and it takes a possible playoff contender out.

481601[/snapback]

Considering if you touch a QB in the wrong place it draws a flag, I'd take the under. :rolleyes:

Definitely the use- or misuse- of talent on the roster.

Neufeld getting so many run down reps instead of ANYONE else on the roster.

Our best running back sitting on 3rd downs while we were converting 1/3rd of our 3rd down plays.

Edwards out of his skill set playing the run instead of the pass D sets.

Insisting on passing the ball in the early games- clearly the weakness of the lines blocking skills- while our OLine has been one of the top 7 or 8 run blocking lines all year long, currently #6 in rushing yardage.

To be fair, the team has adjusted three of the problems and the 4th unfortunately has adjusted itself.

481601[/snapback]

Does the preseason count for this stat? i.e., Garcia's leg, and knocking Chad Hutchinson right off Chicago's roster (and apparently out of the entire NFL)?

Does the preseason count for this stat? i.e., Garcia's leg, and knocking Chad Hutchinson right off Chicago's roster (and apparently out of the entire NFL)?

481632[/snapback]

Can't count it because that is what made me think we were going to be knocking guys out all over the place.

By far the smartest move I saw in the entire preseason was Dungy getting Peyton the hell off the field after 3 plays. :rolleyes:

Cya

By far the smartest move I saw in the entire preseason was Dungy getting Peyton the hell off the field after 3 plays.  :rolleyes:

Cya

481637[/snapback]

Yup - as TKO was finishing off Manning on 3rd-and-long, you could just read Dungy's mind: "Well now, that'll be enough of THAT. Sorgi, you're in...."

481601[/snapback]

well, we'd need to have a few more INTs against teams with stupid qbs trying to prove their toughness. that ain't gonna happen against collins, brady, or green in the next few weeks. too bad we don't face a j.p.-like qb any time soon ...

well, we'd need to have a few more INTs against teams with stupid qbs trying to prove their toughness. that ain't gonna happen against collins, brady, or green in the next few weeks.

I don't know Dave, I've seen Brady stand in there for that extra second quite a few times and get his just reward of a serious shot in the chops. There have been times when I've just marvelled at his ability(or fortune) to stay healthy. His first year on the field I htought Nate Clements had killed him with a shot in the Ralph.

You gotta wonder if that's not going to catch up with him sooner rather than later.

Cya

I don't know Dave, I've seen Brady stand in there for that extra second quite a few times and get his just reward of a serious shot in the chops. There have been times when I've just marvelled at his ability(or fortune) to stay healthy. His first year on the field I htought Nate Clements had killed him with a shot in the Ralph.

You gotta wonder if that's not going to catch up with him sooner rather than later.

Cya

481711[/snapback]

One thing I'll say about Brady. When people get a chance to hit him, they fuggin' hit him. I agree with Simon completely. I've seen him get leveled more than a couple of times, and get up, somehow.