Anyone Here a little Worried

We are playing a team due for a win that is playing at home on the West Coast. Although we have yet to play well on the road this somewhat goes out the window as Kelly is now the starter.

I am concerned though that whenever it seems like we assume victories they don't happen. Do you rememeber a few years back when the Eagles were winless and the morons on WGR were saying how they could not even see how it was possible for us to lose against the Eagles.

If we can win this one on the road against a due team with or with out Moss this may push us up to the next level. Lets hope for no let down this Sunday.

We are playing a team due for a win that is playing at home on the West Coast.  Although we have yet to play well on the road this somewhat goes out the window as Kelly is now the starter.

I am concerned though that whenever it seems like we assume victories they don't happen.  Do you rememeber a few years back when the Eagles were winless and the morons on WGR were saying how they could not even see how it was possible for us to lose against the Eagles. 

If we can win this one on the road against a due team with or with out Moss this may push us up to the next level.  Lets hope for no let down this Sunday.

481175[/snapback]

I don't know if we'll win or not, but I hate the notion of a team being "due" to win a game...especially if that team isn't any good. Shouldn't the Raiders have been "due" to beat SD in Oakland last Sunday??? They were 1-3 and coming off of a bye for that game. If we lose, it's because the Bills aren't any good and not because the Raiders are more pumped than ever before.

I don't know if we'll win or not, but I hate the notion of a team being "due" to win a game...especially if that team isn't any good. Shouldn't the Raiders have been "due" to beat SD in Oakland last Sunday??? They were 1-3 and coming off of a bye for that game. If we lose, it's because the Bills aren't any good and not because the Raiders are more pumped than ever before.

481183[/snapback]

I know what you are saying but I'll state the obvious the more a team loses the more they are due for a win. Things tend to revert to the mean especially in an NFL with supposed parity

We are playing a team due for a win that is playing at home on the West Coast.  Although we have yet to play well on the road this somewhat goes out the window as Kelly is now the starter.

I am concerned though that whenever it seems like we assume victories they don't happen.  Do you rememeber a few years back when the Eagles were winless and the morons on WGR were saying how they could not even see how it was possible for us to lose against the Eagles. 

If we can win this one on the road against a due team with or with out Moss this may push us up to the next level.  Lets hope for no let down this Sunday.

481175[/snapback]

No, not worried. Both teams have had high and low points so far, and the Bills have to have some confidence after 2 wins in a row.

Understanding that it's life and death to us Bill's fans, as I sit here in Cincinnati, the dribs and drabs coming from the local newspaper writers here is:

Bills: QB change helped. Tied for first in the AFC East. Run game looks good. Leading in the tie-breakers.

Nothing wrong with that... :rolleyes:

It does seem like the Raiders are due for a win and the Bills are due for a loss.

I'm quite nervous.  We never do well against the Raiders.  Here's hoping our defense can shut down Lamont Jordan and Kerry Collins.

481225[/snapback]

It pains me to admit this but the Bills arent very good. Mediocre teams tend not to win on the road and are the perfect tonic for other bad teams that are playing at home. For example, the last two Bills wins at Rich. I sincerely hope im wrong because im going to teh game this Sunday and it will be awful to be in the stadium with a bunch of dipsh-- Raider fans as they beat the Bills. I want to out in the parking lot after the game in a good mood enjoying yet another beer celebrating a win!

Dudes' you're forgetting that MM is breaking out the Cheeseburgers for this game. AND A TEAM WALK! (as per buffalobills.com) No way we'll lose now. We're 1-0 using that tactic.

In all seriousness, without Moss I think if we're ANY bit of a good team we should win this game. Road game or not. If we plan on making ANY noise this year, it must start this week because it does NOT get any easier after this game.

Here's to hoping Roscoe plays, Willis stays determined as ever and runs for 200, and Holcomb throws for more than 165 dink and dunk yards.

GO BILLS!

Dudes' you're forgetting that MM is breaking out the Cheeseburgers for this game. AND A TEAM WALK! (as per buffalobills.com) No way we'll lose now. We're 1-0 using that tactic.

In all seriousness, without Moss I think if we're ANY bit of a good team we should win this game. Road game or not. If we plan on making ANY noise this year, it must start this week because it does NOT get any easier after this game.

Here's to hoping Roscoe plays, Willis stays determined as ever and runs for 200, and Holcomb throws for more than 165 dink and dunk yards.

GO BILLS!

481267[/snapback]

Good post, pac. 165 yards dink 'n dunk if it moves the sticks will be just fine...

Do you rememeber a few years back when the Eagles were winless and the morons on WGR were saying how they could not even see how it was possible for us to lose against the Eagles. 

481175[/snapback]

They must really be morons at WGR if they counted the Eagles as a sure win. They have only been in the NFC championship game the last 5 years!!! Getting to the Bills game, yes I am worried. We never play well in Oakland and this is a must win. There is no way we can go to NE at 3-4......

Have the Bills even won in that dump of a stadium since the Raiders re-re-located?

481213[/snapback]

No.

In fact, the Bills are 1-6 all-time at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Their only win was in 1966 - the year the place opened. (Before then, the Raiders played their home games vs. the Bills at Kezar Stadium, then Candlestick, then Frank Youell Field.)

My greatest concern is the fact that teams who travel from one coast to the other historically don't fare well. Couple that with the Bill's record against the Raiders at home and I'm picking the Raiders in my pool at work. I hop I'm wrong, but when money's on the line, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Dante- Be careful at the game...I'd bring additional clothing to cover up your Bills gear just in case we win. RaiderFan has a long history of assault on opposing team fans. Shoot, they're all paroled felons or welfare recipients there anyway. Ya gotta love what Jerry Brown has done for that city...