very interesting info about spikes

"I promise you,'' Spikes said, his voice rising with a familiar ring of intensity, "when I come back, I'm going to be like a mad dog in a meat house.''

---

The article reported that the the cast is off and TKO is itching to get back to football. He also said that he knew the injury was coming--the leg had bothered him for a year and the pain flared up in training camp.

Great quote, and I think he's serious. When he walks onto the field at The Ralph next season, his presence is going to have the same effect as Bruschi and the Pats.

his presence is going to have the same effect as Bruschi and the Pats.

481029[/snapback]

So are we hoping he doesn't play well and fails to help a struggling run defense? Cause I hope that's how Bruschi's return will play out.

He is going to go insane next year though.

TKO is simply the man. I love the fact that he plays for my team. He is the kind of person you love to root for because he represents everything that football should be about. Even all my Bengal friends around here have nothing but good things to say about him. Btw, a lot of people around here are starting to compare Odell Thurman to TKO. He's got a ways to go but he looks like he's going to be a heck f a player.

after the first couple of games, badolbilz said that it looked like he had lost some of his explosiveness. this would explain it, i think:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

He was hurt in a 24-16 loss to Atlanta on Sept. 25.

It happened when he was pressuring quarterback Michael Vick, and Spikes felt as if someone had tripped him only to discover that it was the Achilles' tendon that gave out.

As surprising as the injury was, Spikes knew it was coming. He said his right leg had been bothering him for the past year and the pain flared up during training camp in August.

Three days before the Atlanta game, Spikes said he was hurt in practice and tests revealed minor tears in the tendon. Rather than sit out an extended stretch to rest the injury or have surgery, which would've likely ended his season, Spikes decided to continue playing.

``It was like, `I want to take my chances. This is what I want to do,''' Spikes said. ``And then it just happened. I felt like it was just a matter of time.''

---

Also what about this quote?

``I promise you,'' Spikes said, his voice rising with a familiar ring of intensity. ``When I come back, I'm going to be like a mad dog in a meat house.''

---

Finally, why does the best Bills beat writer, John Wawrow, work for the AP and not the News?

after the first couple of games, badolbilz said that it looked like he had lost some of his explosiveness. this would explain it, i think:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

He was hurt in a 24-16 loss to Atlanta on Sept. 25.

It happened when he was pressuring quarterback Michael Vick, and Spikes felt as if someone had tripped him only to discover that it was the Achilles' tendon that gave out.

As surprising as the injury was, Spikes knew it was coming. He said his right leg had been bothering him for the past year and the pain flared up during training camp in August.

Three days before the Atlanta game, Spikes said he was hurt in practice and tests revealed minor tears in the tendon. Rather than sit out an extended stretch to rest the injury or have surgery, which would've likely ended his season, Spikes decided to continue playing.

``It was like, `I want to take my chances. This is what I want to do,''' Spikes said. ``And then it just happened. I felt like it was just a matter of time.''

---

Also what about this quote?

``I promise you,'' Spikes said, his voice rising with a familiar ring of intensity. ``When I come back, I'm going to be like a mad dog in a meat house.''

---

Finally, why does the best Bills beat writer, John Wawrow, work for the AP and not the News?

481066[/snapback]

I met Wawrow when I was working for the Observer in Dunkirk for awhile. I went up and covered the draft in 02 and met him. Weird dude, but you're right, he's a pretty good writer. Sometimes he stretches a little bit for a lede theme, but otherwise good. Does he still write Sabres also? Perhaps he couldn't do something like that at the News. I imagine he actually has a bit of a competition going with them.

"I promise you,'' Spikes said, his voice rising with a familiar ring of intensity, "when I come back, I'm going to be like a mad dog in a meat house.''

---

The article reported that the the cast is off and TKO is itching to get back to football.  He also said that he knew the injury was coming--the leg had bothered him for a year and the pain flared up in training camp.

Great quote, and I think he's serious.  When he walks onto the field at The Ralph next season, his presence is going to have the same effect as Bruschi and the Pats.

481029[/snapback]

As soon as he slammed his helmet into the ground, my heart sunk. You just KNEW his season was over :ph34r:

TKO is simply the man. I love the fact that he plays for my team. He is the kind of person you love to root for because he represents everything that football should be about. Even all my Bengal friends around here have nothing but good things to say about him. Btw, a lot of people around here are starting to compare Odell Thurman to TKO. He's got a ways to go but he looks like he's going to be a heck f a player.

I love him!! He does represent everything thats right about pro football. The best signing TD ever made was TKO. I can't wait to see him back in uniform.

Wow, thats guts. I could never keep playing a sport knowing that a huge injury like that is just inevitable. I'm not sure if that falls under the category of balls, or just stupid. Its is amazing and impressive. I hope it doesn't keep him out longer than it would have if he just sat out when it got torn.

481066[/snapback]

It happens all the time. New wires usually have more money to pay reporters than a newspaper the size of the Snooze.

What worries me is that Raiders receiver, Curry, who just popped his achilles for the second time after sitting out most of last year due to the initial injury.

I meant his effect emotionally.  The Pats have problems that go beyond Bruschi.  He can't do it all--and certainly can't singlehandedly help their run D.

481041[/snapback]

I think the Pats are missing their hard hitting Safety Rodney Harrison than

anyone else on that D.....Getting back Bruschi and Seymour helps though.