I dont think Parrish will play in Oakland.

I disagree. The Raiders game is more important than the NE game for the sole reason that it is the next game. If they have one more weapon to throw at the Raiders, then they should use it. We need every win we can get.

i dont think parrish comming back will have that much impact on the game. reed has played well this season. i dont see parrish comming in and taking his spot, at least not yet.

he will be 4th on the depth chart. i would like to see him have 3 or 4 receptions. that would be good. but moulds, evans, and McGahee, are still our best weapons.

to unleash Parrish. Why give NE any tape on Parrish to game plan for him. Parrish will be the wild card in NE ! Hopefully the wild card for a win !

480975[/snapback]

absent some ridiculous performance such as 200 yards and 4 TDs by roscoe on sunday, nobody is going to gameplan for a rookie WR returning from a broken wrist who has proven nothing in the NFL. keeping roscoe out if he is ready to go does not give the bills an "edge" over the patriots. belichek is gameplanning for holcomb, mcgahee, moulds, and evans.

besides, if the bills really want roscoe to be a potential weapon against new england, they need to get him some live game action this week.

absent some ridiculous performance such as 200 yards and 4 TDs by roscoe on sunday, nobody is going to gameplan for a rookie WR returning from a broken wrist who has proven nothing in the NFL. 

480995[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure BB gameplans for everything. He could probably still win with only a miniature Mike Ditka playing defense. Actually... getting Ditka might not be a bad idea. Anyone see what he did to the kid's soccer team with Will Ferrell coaching?

i dont think parrish comming back will have that much impact on the game. reed has played well this season. i dont see parrish comming in and taking his spot, at least not yet.

he will be 4th on the depth chart. i would like to see him have 3 or 4 receptions. that would be good. but moulds, evans, and McGahee, are still our best weapons.

480990[/snapback]

i think your discounting roscoe's potential impact returning punts.......

to unleash Parrish. Why give NE any tape on Parrish to game plan for him. Parrish will be the wild card in NE ! Hopefully the wild card for a win !

480975[/snapback]

This thought crossed my mind as well but upon consideration I considered it unlikely to hold Parrosh out until NE if he is ready to go.

As I see it, Parrish could potentially have two impacts on the game.

1. He plays well and adds yards and points to our totals.

2. He forces NE to gameplan for his speed and warps opposing Ds creating more opportunties for WM, Moulds, etc.

I think both aspects are probably enhanced by him playing.

On point one he is a rookie and rookies sre not vets until they play. I think we see a better Parrish with a game under his belt against NE than we see in his first start if it is against NE.

On point 2, the real benefit from Parrish to the Bills comes not simply from his play but if he proves to be a speed threat, Evans may get a slower player covering him, Moulds may not get doubled as much or as well and in 1 backfield sets the safeties and nickel lean toward Parrih's side giving WM an extra step when he runs the other way. BB does game plan for everyone, but he will not gameplan to cover Parrish to Mouldss/Evans advantage unless there is a more proven reason to do so.

Its possible that he simply looks so good in practice thatMM could get some advantage from springing him fresh on the world in NE, but it is doubtful and i think he plays better and cause more issues if he proves himself to be a danger in OAK.

480990[/snapback]

I'm thinking the same thing.

I'd think that with the limitation of dressing only 45 players for the game, his being activated would depend on their team injury situation and what players would potentially match up to the Raider's players. They might decide that carrying an extra LB or DL for fresh legs may be more useful than activating Parrish coming off injury.

I'd think that with the limitation of dressing only 45 players for the game, his being activated would depend on their team injury situation and what players would potentially match up to the Raider's players. They might decide that carrying an extra LB or DL for fresh legs may be more useful than activating Parrish coming off injury.

481126[/snapback]

if parrish dressed another WR would likely sit down.......i.e. reed/aiken/smith

if parrish dressed another WR would likely sit down.......i.e. reed/aiken/smith

481200[/snapback]

Yes, that's so, but losing those folk's game experience this season is something to consider. But who can say? There's always that pressure to get the top draft choice into the game.

Maybe someone can chime in here - did Parrish in fact practice with the team save this last week? I thought that his injury status kept him from live practice. Not sure.

If he only has this week of practice with the team, I'm not really comfortable with him taking a roster spot on Sunday.

Yes, that's so, but losing those folk's game experience this season is something to consider. But who can say? There's always that pressure to get the top draft choice into the game.

Maybe someone can chime in here - did Parrish in fact practice with the team save this last week? I thought that his injury status kept him from live practice. Not sure.

If he only has this week of practice with the team, I'm not really comfortable with him taking a roster spot on Sunday.

481230[/snapback]

roscoe practiced with the team last week as well, but didn't take any hits.....

I have a hard time buying into Parrish having anything to offer Buffalo this season. All he has so far is 10 days of training camp. If I'm correct, he did not play in any preseason games, much less the reg season. I just have a hard time believing that Parrish can provide anything for the team this year.

I have a hard time buying into Parrish having anything to offer Buffalo this season.  All he has so far is 10 days of training camp.  If I'm correct, he did not play in any preseason games, much less the reg season.  I just have a hard time believing that Parrish can provide anything for the team this year.

481239[/snapback]

how much time does it take to get up to speed as a punt returner? not much if you ask me.......it's mostly instinct.......if you can do it at the college level (as roscoe did) you can likely do it at the pro level.......

This thought crossed my mind as well but upon consideration I considered it unlikely to hold Parrosh out until NE if he is ready to go.

As I see it, Parrish could potentially have two impacts on the game.

1. He plays well and adds yards and points to our totals.

2. He forces NE to gameplan for his speed and warps opposing Ds creating more opportunties for WM, Moulds, etc.

I think both aspects are probably enhanced by him playing.

On point one he is a rookie and rookies sre not vets until they play. I think we see a better Parrish with a game under his belt against NE than we see in his first start if it is against NE.

On point 2, the real benefit from Parrish to the Bills comes not simply from his play but if he proves to be a speed threat, Evans may get a slower player covering him, Moulds may not get doubled as much or as well and in 1 backfield sets the safeties and nickel lean toward Parrih's side giving WM an extra step when he runs the other way.  BB does game plan for everyone, but he will not gameplan to cover Parrish to Mouldss/Evans advantage unless there is a more proven reason to do so.

Its possible that he simply looks so good in practice thatMM could get some advantage from springing him fresh on the world in NE, but it is doubtful and i think he plays better and cause more issues if he proves himself to be a danger in OAK.

481056[/snapback]

You more eloquently made my point with item #2. I'm thinking that the speed merchant Parrish makes the defense account for him and that free's up Moulds or Evans or Reed !

Why would you make player-oriented gameplanning adjustments for a game that is two weeks away when you still have a game you need to win this week? I apologize if this comes out wrong, but in what world does this make sense?

While we're at it, why don't we try to work in some of those really great plays from "Second String," because they worked perfectly.

You hit the ball that's in front of you, and to waste your time doing anything else is exactly that: a waste of time.