Lost 02.05 Discussion Thread

duey

And how do we know that Echo is Nigerian?

481240[/snapback]

It's just something that's reached a consensus on most of the things I've read. A lot of people have speculated that he was on the drug plane. That along with his African-accented English.... --> People surmise that he's Nigerian. Could well be wrong.

I also thought that the "walking" scene looked liked the people were tied up like slaves, chained together.....

Although the Boar answered some questions from last year....I thought there was some sort of "monster" on the island....

481241[/snapback]

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. They were barefoot; which leaves little trace (toughens the feet too, yeah); they did seem to be taking extra special care where they stepped so as to leave no tracks. I'm not sure that slaves/hostages would be so particular. Kind of in the vein of Would you expect an anti-hunter to wash their clothes in No-Scent if they were going with you (how's it been so far? I've only ever seen deer when I don't have a shotgun or a permit. Of course :rolleyes:)? Unless they're beaten or something if they leave tracks.

The boar is decidedly not the Predator-like "monster" that ate the pilot, uproots trees, etc.

his buddy said something to the effect that Love will be Orange...

481246[/snapback]

That was one of the better scenes of last night. Jin stops and looks at the girl walking by in the orangte dress and bump! there's Sun. Pick up her stuff, then smiles. It's nice to see a scene that shows their initial romance w/o having a scene right afterward that shows how much and why they fell out of love. I know they kind of patched up right before the raft left, but that seemed more like they were doing it for just that reason. Now, w/ Jin and Sun both reflecting on the good times and how they truly miss each other now that they are apart and Jin is in danger.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just something that's reached a consensus on most of the things I've read. A lot of people have speculated that he was on the drug plane. That along with his African-accented English.... --> People surmise that he's Nigerian. Could well be wrong.

481410[/snapback]

Based on the interaction he has with the other plane survivors I would speculate that he was on 815. My memory is foggy, but I seem to recall that the prop plane with the drugs on it had been there for at least 5 to 10 years. I doubt that he was on the drug plane, but I guess I won't completely rule it out.

Kind of in the vein of Would you expect an anti-hunter to wash their clothes in No-Scent if they were going with you (how's it been so far?

Saw 7 Doe last night....couldn't get a shot though...Sat was dead.....I will go out again tonight and see what happens.....(don't want to keep this in a Lost thread though)

Based on the interaction he has with the other plane survivors I would speculate that he was on 815.  My memory is foggy, but I seem to recall that the prop plane with the drugs on it had been there for at least 5 to 10 years.  I doubt that he was on the drug plane, but I guess I won't completely rule it out.

481415[/snapback]

I would say that he's too adept at tracking, knowing his way around, and knowing when things are coming (like right before the Others trudged through and you couldn't hear anything, he stopped) to have just been there from 815. Of course, he could be another Locke, so I guess that's where it could be wrong, but I would wager he's been there those 5-10 years.

481410[/snapback]

Since he is theoretically on a flight from Australia, I was wondering about the possibility that he is Aboriginal. Or at least someone who lived in the outback. He does seem kinda big for an Aboriginal though...hmmm.

Saw 7 Doe last night....couldn't get a shot though...Sat was dead.....I will go out again tonight and see what happens.....(don't want to keep this in a Lost thread though)

481417[/snapback]

Wanna laugh? I spent a minute just sitting here trying to figure out what you were talking about in relation to Lost. :rolleyes:

Since he is theoretically on a flight from Australia, I was wondering about the possibility that he is Aboriginal. Or at least someone who lived in the outback. He does seem kinda big for an Aboriginal though...hmmm.

481429[/snapback]

He escaped from OZ a couple years back and was hiding out in Austrailia.

That was one of the better scenes of last night. Jin stops and looks at the girl walking by in the orangte dress and bump! there's Sun. Pick up her stuff, then smiles. It's nice to see a scene that shows their initial romance w/o having a scene right afterward that shows how much and why they fell out of love. I know they kind of patched up right before the raft left, but that seemed more like they were doing it for just that reason. Now, w/ Jin and Sun both reflecting on the good times and how they truly miss each other now that they are apart and Jin is in danger.

481410[/snapback]

That scene cracked me up. That was filmed right in Waikiki along the Ala Wai Canal. My friends had left a club because one of them had too much to drink. Anyway he walks up to the edge like he is gonna pee, but is just standing there with nothing but the wind holding him up. We run up to him as he is starting to fall forward and grab him by the back of the shirt. We promptly sent him to bed. ;):rolleyes: .

New Theory:

What if the code and the button are part of the monster/security system. They have to hit it every 108 minutes to reset the Monster. The purpose of the monster is to keep the "others" from crossing over to this side of the island...

...meanwhile, at the other hatch (with the different symbol), they stopped pressing the button (or the computer was destroyed....or it was the orginal site of the 'incident' the film talked about) and without the monster to protect it, the others roam free there.

?

I think he's Walt.

481429[/snapback]

I was thinking he was aboriginese too. Sawyer mumbled something along the lines of "...and you lost your Tracker." That's what made me think of Aboriginese.

I read somewhere - I think it was on the USA Today LOST thread - that Shannon is the one getting axed in three weeks.

Sorry that I don't have a link.

481956[/snapback]

Hmmm...that could make sense given the fact that Boone is gone. Her romance with Sayid really doesn't have a lot of meat behind it, and in fact, losing her would really do a number on him (which would be good for the show).

I would say that he's too adept at tracking, knowing his way around, and knowing when things are coming (like right before the Others trudged through and you couldn't hear anything, he stopped) to have just been there from 815. Of course, he could be another Locke, so I guess that's where it could be wrong, but I would wager he's been there those 5-10 years.

481419[/snapback]

Dude...I just watched the ep again, and those are my thoughts exactly. Either he's Nigerian and came from the drug plane, or he's the tail ends version of Locke.

Sorry. I've corrected it.

482614[/snapback]

Well, it's kind of late now as duey's got it in a response post and anyone who reads this thread will have read it by now. I didn't mean to be a Negative Ned to what I think is your first post in the LOST threads.... Welcome to our digs, and if anyone asks where the inflatable Shannon is, you don't know, OK? :doh:

So, in the spirit of not ignoring the 800-pound gorilla that everyone can see, I'm not sure how nearly accurate USA Today is on that. Killing off Shannon... I can't say it would be too much of a loss, as her character has been clearly defined as a harlot/scammer; it would also successfully tie up any problems with having to have Ian Sommerhalder(?) back to play Boone in flashbacks. But losing her means that the whole thing with her father being the guy who died when Sarah hit him is lost. That's a big WHOA! moment gone for Jack, tho it is hard to surprise/convince him with anything having to do with Fate.

I missed the preview for the next ep. Is it a major character that's slated to bite the dust?