saddam on trial

Because this country hasn't had a wholsale shift to the right over the past five years or anything.

480765[/snapback]

Case in point:

Divine intervention axes school station

Today's lesson: Don't cross Christian broadcasting.

Maynard High School's radio frequency, 91.7 FM, is being seized by a network of Christian broadcasting stations that the Federal Communications Commission has ruled is a better use of the public airwaves.

Although WAVM applied for the power increase five years ago, the group just heard about the outcome of the application process and were told the frequency was designated to another applicant.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Irony, I hardly knew ye.

But let's blame the evil liberal media?  That, my friend, is a copout of staggering proportions.

481221[/snapback]

I didn't blame the liberal media for anything. I simply don't discount that a good portion of the media is in fact liberal.

I've always blamed the people who actually watch that crap and then regurgitate it (as you have done in this thread with your "shrinking the government" crap) as unchallengable fact.

You know it's never that simple.  40% of the country pulls one lever, 40% pulls the other, and the 20% in the middle generally decide the election.  Yet 90% of media folks pulled one lever.

The concept isn't that hard and it sure ain't for the reasons you're trying to use.  You're alot smarter than that, Chris.

481169[/snapback]

I think you're overestimating the middle there AD.

I didn't blame the liberal media for anything.  I simply don't discount that a good portion of the media is in fact liberal.

I've always blamed the people who actually watch that crap and then regurgitate it (as you have done in this thread with your "shrinking the government" crap) as unchallengable fact.

481224[/snapback]

You're right, "shrinking government" may have been a poor choice of words. Go ahead and insult me for it. Blame me, I must be part of the problem. Go ahead. It fits in well with your whole "people are stupid" and "government bad" schtick.

Because that never gets old. Really.

What I should have stated was that he reduced the White House staff by 25%, trimmed the federal bureaucracy by 200,000-plus positions, streamlined government procurement by doing away with over 15,000 pages of obsolete regulations, cut federal spending by $255 Million and reduced the deficit.

I thought you advocated a smaller, less intrusive, federal government? Or is that only when it's convenient for another one of your inane rants?

You're right, "shrinking government" may have been a poor choice of words.  Go ahead and insult me for it. 

I didn't insult YOU. I insulted the "shrinking the government" as crap - because that's exactly what it is.

Blame me, I must be part of the problem.  Go ahead.  It fits in well with your whole "people are stupid" and "government bad" schtick. 

Okay. I didn't realize I needed your permission. I also apologize with remaining consistant in an ever changing world. I too hate when people do that. :rolleyes:

Because that never gets old.  Really.

I remember the post that mandated responding to my drivel. Now if I could just figure out the search feature and find it.

What I should have stated was that he reduced the White House staff by 25%, trimmed the federal bureaucracy by 200,000-plus positions, streamlined government procurement by doing away with over 15,000 pages of obsolete regulations, cut federal spending by $255 Million and reduced the deficit.

I thought you advocated a smaller, less intrusive, federal government?  Or is that only when it's convenient for another one of your inane rants?

481261[/snapback]

Because very little of that actually happened. 65% of the "cuts" in FTEs in the fed were operational positions in the US military. I had friends die because of this. Maybe that makes me jaded.

Federal Regulation since the Reagan Administration, According to CATO Being better than George H. W. Bush with a Democratic Congress ain't much of a feat.

As far as spending goes, that's really a fallacy. The government accounting system makes Enron look honorable. Stealing money from Social Security and spending it like a drunken sailor is really what that era should be known for (both sides, thanks so much). They were awash in money, spent it all, then stole some from the future. All the while, claiming to have a surplus. Thanks for buying.

Thankfully for all of us, Mr. Clinton didn't get either the BTU tax or Medical Care through in his first 2 years. There was no way the Republicrats were going to give in to that bloat. A small modicum of credit for signing some of the "Contract with America".

That's about it.