saddam on trial

My guess is that Saddam will be found guilty and the sentence will be death by hanging.

My question is do you think any US Network Media Outlets would carry coverage of his execution live as it happens?

To my knowledge networks have never carried an execution whether it is by law or by choice I don't know.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should show it. I also believe they should show uncensored pictures of the aftermath of 9-11 every few month to remind us what those animals did.

I know they will show it in Iraq to show the people that he is really dead.

They should show it. I also believe they should show uncensored pictures of the aftermath of 9-11 every few month to remind us what those animals did.

480420[/snapback]

And what did Saddam have to do with 9-11?

480420[/snapback]

He deserves to die,televise his death on pay per view to help pay for reconstruction of iraq.......

And what did Saddam have to do with 9-11?

480443[/snapback]

What I'm saying is the press shouldn't sanitize stuff so we won't get "offended". Show him hanging.

Just like they should have shown all the dead bodies on 9-11.

What I'm saying is the press shouldn't sanitize stuff so we won't get "offended".  Show him hanging.

Just like they should have shown all the dead bodies  on 9-11.

480566[/snapback]

the problem with showing the execution....(a problem if you support the death penatly) is that the liberal media will show it as inhumane and awful...(yeah I know he deserves it) but they will take that footage and use it to pursuade america that the Death Penalty should be abolished.

which is another fun thread all unto its own.

Why is it that right-wingers can't just say "media," or "the press"?  Instead it's always "liberal media."  It's like some people are desperate for scapegoats or something.

480575[/snapback]

simple....it is the liberal press that pushes a liberal agenda. a conservative press pushes a conservative agenda. saying just "the press" would be confusing.

Why is it that right-wingers can't just say "media," or "the press"?  Instead it's always "liberal media."  It's like some people are desperate for scapegoats or something.

480575[/snapback]

Maybe it's because the media almost always puts a conservative tag on a conservative, but never does so for a liberal.

The "Conservative Senator" from xxx

The "Senator" from NY

Don't believe me? Watch the big three news and count.

Part one:

http://www.mrc.org/SpecialReports/2005/sum/sum101405.asp

Part two:

http://www.mrc.org/specialreports/2005/report101405_p2.asp

This conclusion is based on a Media Research Center study of broadcast network news coverage of the Iraq war so far this year. MRC analysts reviewed all 1,388 Iraq stories broadcast on ABC’s World News Tonight, the CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly News from January 1 through September 30. (In 2006, the MRC will release a similar analysis of cable news coverage of Iraq.) Among the key findings:

■ Network coverage has been overwhelmingly pessimistic. More than half of all stories (848, or 61%) focused on negative topics or presented a pessimistic analysis of the situation, four times as many as featured U.S. or Iraqi achievements or offered an optimistic assessment (just 211 stories, or 15%).

■ News about the war has grown increasingly negative. In January and February, about a fifth of all network stories (21%) struck a hopeful note, while just over half presented a negative slant on the situation. By August and September, positive stories had fallen to a measly seven percent and the percentage of bad news stories swelled to 73 percent of all Iraq news, a ten-to-one disparity.

■ Terrorist attacks are the centerpiece of TV’s war news. Two out of every five network evening news stories (564) featured car bombings, assassinations, kidnappings or other attacks launched by the terrorists against the Iraqi people or coalition forces, more than any other topic.

■ Even coverage of the Iraqi political process has been negative. More stories (124) focused on shortcomings in Iraq’s political process — the danger of bloodshed during the January elections, political infighting among politicians, and fears that the new Iraqi constitution might spur more civil strife — than found optimism in the Iraqi people’s historic march to democracy (92 stories). One-third of those optimistic stories (32) appeared on just two nights — January 30 and 31, just after Iraq’s first successful elections.

■ Few stories focused on the heroism or generous actions of American soldiers. Just eight stories were devoted to recounting episodes of heroism or valor by U.S. troops, and another nine stories featured instances when soldiers reached out to help the Iraqi people. In contrast, 79 stories focused on allegations of combat mistakes or outright misconduct on the part of U.S. military personnel.

■ It’s not as if there was no “good news” to report. NBC’s cameras found a bullish stock market and a hiring boom in Baghdad’s business district, ABC showcased the coalition’s successful effort to bring peace to a Baghdad thoroughfare once branded “Death Street,” and CBS documented how the one-time battleground of Sadr City is now quiet and citizens are beginning to benefit from improved public services. Stories describing U.S. and Iraqi achievements provided essential context to the discouraging drumbeat of daily news, but were unfortunately just a small sliver of TV’s Iraq news.

how about reconstruction of the Gulf Coast too.

480491[/snapback]

Which gulf, persian or mexico, if its the gulf of mexico,dang it they have a weather producing weapon of mass destruction......O.K. fox would promote it like the superbowl, and the camera would catch somebody lifting their burka and half the U.S. would be upset about a fullmoon....Cnn would promote it like a lifetime miniseries, and have call in counselors, like D.R. phil on hand for emotional support.....Hey, paul wolfowitz was going to use iraq oil for iraq reconstruction, john poindexter wanted to set up mutual fund, I say put it on payper view

Maybe it's because the media almost always puts a conservative tag on a conservative, but never does so for a liberal.

The "Conservative Senator" from xxx

The "Senator" from NY

Don't believe me? Watch the big three news and count.

480594[/snapback]

Maybe it's because 90% of reporters vote Democrat and therefore spend all day talking to other Democrats (each other).

Shutup!  Liberals don't like facts sprinkled in with their emotion.

480714[/snapback]

Since when has asking a question equated to being emotional? Sorry, you're right. No more questions. We wouldn't want anyone to question anything, would we? :ph34r: