i know simon may disapprove ...

but marc bulger should have ran to the other side of the field after throwing that pick. he should have been nowhere in the vicinity of the INT returner (cato june). the result - a sprained shoulder that knocked him out of the game and took away the rams deep passing game. qbs should know better - on those sorts of plays, there are 10 guys desperate for a chance to kill him since the usual qb rules no longer apply. i hope losman watched that.

but marc bulger should have ran to the other side of the field after throwing that pick. he should have been nowhere in the vicinity of the INT returner (cato june). the result - a sprained shoulder that knocked him out of the game and took away the rams deep passing game. qbs should know better - on those sorts of plays, there are 10 guys desperate for a chance to kill him since the usual qb rules no longer apply.  i hope losman watched that.

479092[/snapback]

They're reporting now that it's a separated AC joint. He had this injury last year and was out 2 weeks.

They're reporting now that it's a separated AC joint.  He had this injury last year and was out 2 weeks.

479095[/snapback]

Popped Acromial Coricoid joint/process?

He might not be able to lift a spoon, let alone throw again for weeks.

Popped Acromial Coricoid joint/process?

He might not be able to lift a spoon, let alone throw again for weeks.

479111[/snapback]

MRI today to assess the damage. It really all depends on the severity. From the looks of things, I'm hopeful but realistic (for fantasy purposes - my only other rostered QB is Testy Vinnaroodi. I'll take a 3 week layoff (which would only be 2 games, since the Rams have their bye week 9).

I bet the guy on the Falcons whose career Jimbo ended wishes Kelly had run to the other side of the field after his interception.

Then again, Bulger's no Jimbo.

479135[/snapback]

Which guy are you referring to? I know Kelly broke someone's leg once, but I thought that was from the Jets. Did a quick search and can't find any info :(

CW

I bet the guy on the Falcons whose career Jimbo ended wishes Kelly had run to the other side of the field after his interception.

Then again, Bulger's no Jimbo.

479135[/snapback]

anthony phillips, as i recall. given kelly's manifold arm problems after he ruptured his right bursur sac early in the second half of the 1992 season, he probably shouldn't have taken the chance even if he didn't get hurt. jimbo was never the same after that injury in 92. he played poorly the remainder of that season (he finished with only 23 tds and 19 ints), and was very mediocre in 93 (although he played great in the home playoff games that year. he was mediocre again in 94, had a nice rebound by playing extremely smart albeit physically limited football in 95, and finished with a poor season in 96.

If you're referring to me, then let it be known that I have no problem whatsoever with dipshlt QB's setting themselves up for head-hunting defenders on a "fire" call. In fact, I wish they'd do it wayyyy more often. :angry::(:o