Clements is a Pro Bowl player...

McGee is a great kick returner. but i would say only slight above agerage CB.

Clements is a top 10, maybe top 5 CB.

i like both. i just wish McGee was a little better CB. but he has improved and is getting better.

If we lose Clements I wouldn't say we are in great shape.

McGee, King, Greer are all small corners. Thomas I'm not even counting as I think he won't even be here next year. He was a step slow before his injury. Vincent could play some corner if need but is getting old.

If they go into fa to get a corner that will cost some good $$$. Not Clements $$$ but I'd rather pay the difference and keep NC.

481087[/snapback]

You're right in that I overstated the case saying we are in great shape, but i think I went a little bit manic in my description because though we will not really be in great shape until either NC resigns or is franchised (I think that the franchising option will essentially force him to sign a deal if one can call shoveling someome a likely $20 million or so bonus forcing) or for some unknown reason he is let go and we sign a new FA to replace him.

Edit my claim to instead say we are in very good shape rather than great. We will almost certainly end up in great shape even if Clements leaves because we are very deep at CB and will have the cap room and the budget allocation to sign the best possible FA.

In my view, there simply is no crisis at CB as we have a potential #1 on the roster in McGee (not there yet but improving before out eyes and already having joined the NFL elite through his ST work.

We have two at least possible candidates for a #2 in Greer and King and I feel fine about either as a nickel.

We have an injured player who before he got hurt was a legitimate contender at nickel.

In a pinch (Thomas is injured out and both our #2 candidates fail we have a former Pro Bowl CB at S who in a pinch can make his drop from being a #1 CB be duty at @2 instead of dropping back to safety.

In addition to all this if NC goes we will have the cap room and budget to but the next Ty Law who becomes available to play starting CB for us.

I simply do not see why this is such a big problem and we are DDDOOOMMED.